Thursday, April 14, 2016

L is for Library


Why yes...I am still plugging away at getting caught up with my A to Z posts... Slowly, but surely.

Tonight, I took a little bit out of my potential blog writing time to get some prep work ready for this weekend. What happens this weekend, you ask? Dewey's 24-hour-readathon. So...I did what I do whenever I can...I put the tent up. In fact, that's where I am as I type. I'm all ready for my isolated reading fun to begin.

But before we get to that, I need to get working on some blog posts. Let's go ahead and move forward with letter L...


Today's book is not only a fantastic one, but it was also the winner of my 2015 Book of the Year Bracket Challenge. The name of this fabulous book? The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins.


Synopsis in a Sentence: 

Carolyn is one of twelve chosen by Father to learn a catalog in his library, but Father has gone missing and Carolyn must discover the secrets behind a vaguely remembered past.

First Read:

I received The Library at Mount Char as an ARC. I requested it based on a the cover alone, which is historically a horrible idea. But...holy freaking amazing. This book knocked it out of the park. Creative and creepy and it held my attention from the word go. What was inside blew me away. Haunting, brilliant, and amazing. I was weirded out, but thoroughly and pleasantly surprised.

Why it Makes the List:
!

Creepy premise, awesome book. I loved the slow and deliberate development of the plot and the characters. I didn't want to put this book down and I didn't want it to end. Seriously. Freaking amazing. Subtle pieces of detail weave into an amazingly creative and impressive read. It was just a complete wow. I was not expecting this book to be so freaking good and yet now I am totally jonesing for a sequel.


Are you an A to Z Blogger? Leave me a comment so I can repay the visit.
Not an A to Z Blogger, but love the idea? Go here to see what other fun can be found in the challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips