Monday, April 11, 2016

I is for Infernal


It was close. I almost forgot the need to write this post. I started it last night and then got distracted and forgot to go back to it. But...luckily, I'm getting my crap together before it's too late.


We are now 1/3 of the way through with the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. Crazy. This always makes the month go so fast. 

Today, we're at letter I. My pick is another series, by the same author as my pick for letter C. Today's book choice is The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (The Infernal Devices #1)

Synopsis in a Sentence: 

Tessa has the magical ability to take on personas of others, a gift that the Magister wants to possess in a battle between the Shadowhunters and an army of automatons.

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (The Infernal Devices #2)

First Read:

I chose this book on something of a whim. That was a small mistake. Why? Well...typically I don't like to read a book in a series unless all of the books have already been published. Ya...fail. The third book in the series wasn't due for another year when I picked up the first book. That was really not so cool since by about page twelve of the first book I was totally enthralled.


The Infernal Devices series is a fantasy/sci-fi fiction novel set in the late 1800s. It falls into the young adult steampunk subset. It's not typically a genre that I would pick, but everyone kept talking about it being so amazing, so I had to just give it a shot. I was not disappointed.

Why it Makes the List:


This series is definitely written for the preteen and teenage set. However, I think it's one of those series that can span quite a few ages. I originally likened this book to something of a cross between Lemony Snicket and Harry Potter. It's got the good versus evil idea present in both books but also combines the childish and playful evil in Lemony Snicket with the more mature style of danger in Harry Potter. It's not too graphic for the younger set (perhaps 10 and older)  and not too simple or too "high school" for the adults. Clare manages to balance it quite well. I haven't steered you wrong yet...come on. This one is well worth it. Read it. (And...side note...I liked this series better than her Mortal Instruments series.)


Are you an A to Z Blogger? Leave me a comment so I can repay the visit.
Not an A to Z Blogger, but love the idea? Go here to see what other fun can be found in the challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips