I learned a couple of things today:
- My "contact me" link apparently wasn't sending those contact forms to my email like it was supposed to.
- I look like a huge jerk for not responding to the two messages I had.
- Karsyn made me a freaking awesome button (because she is also freaking awesome). It is now over in the side bar.
- Diana over at Strahbary's Fields nominated me for a blogging award...a month ago. Stupid Google Forms.
So...a big THANK YOU to Karsyn and Diana. I'm SOOOO sorry that I didn't see your messages until today. I think I fixed the problem. I hope.
And now I'm going to do my duty and follow through on the award that Diana so thoughtfully nominated me for. I first found Diana's blog during the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge this year. She's a self-described geek and her first A to Z post was on Alice in Wonderland. That was all it took. (I just so love Alice.) Her blog is an entertaining hodgepodge of books, cooking, and miscellaneous geekery. It's fabulous. Go on...check her out.
With any blogging award comes a give and take...so there are rules. These ones are pretty simple. Ready?
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
- I would trade my big house on a little bit of land for a little house on a big piece of land. I crave wide open spaces. I've tried several times to convince Collin that we should move to Montana.
- Collin and I are both small business owners. We're both self-employed. This is not always awesome. It's also why Collin keeps telling me that Montana is not in the cards. Drat.
- When it comes to literary things, I am freaking crazy about anything Alice in Wonderland. Seriously. I love Alice. I've read several books simply because they were modern tellings/adaptations of Alice. It's my own little personal fandom.
- I love to craft and write. I've contemplated going back to school several times to get my English degree. I have several novel starts in progress. None of them are Alice based. :)
- I am completely asocial. Seriously. I love my blog and other bloggers because the web-based world lets me be more open and friendly. I'm actually kind of a hermit. I have social anxiety and I don't do well in large groups. Even my best friends (of which there are few) will tell you that I'm socially awkward and avoid get-togethers. It drives Collin a little nuts.
- I have a ridiculous sweet tooth. I'm a dentist in "real life" so this is a total contradiction. My young cousin (who I gave a gigantic rainbow jar of Skittles for her 8th birthday), told me "You're a dentist! You can't like candy!" Well...I don't like candy, I love candy. I allow myself to continue this tomfoolery since I've never had a cavity.
- I drive a big truck. It's big and black and lifted. I look ridiculous trying to climb in when I'm wearing a skirt. Other than the gas mileage issue, I love driving it. I like being up above everyone else when I'm stuck in traffic. Keeps me from getting claustrophobic.
Awesomesauce Blogs You Need to Check Out
(Oh, also...you guys are nominated...)
- Crafty Little Secret
- Enthralling Reads
- Finley Jayne's Going to the Library
- Flood-Proof Mum
- In Search of the End of the Sidewalk
- Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious Kooky Jannock Book Blog
- Mom, the Intern
- Muslin and Merlot
- Rachael Turns Pages
- Tea & Knee socks
- The Book Monsters
- The Loony Teen Writer
- There Were Books Involved...
- Things My Mother Taught Me
- Two Frogs and a Grasshopper
Thanks again, Diana!
Oh...and Darian and I will be back in a couple of hours with another read-a-thon update!