Monday, April 23, 2012

Summary Su...Monday: Let's Pretend This Never Happened Edition

Okay...ya...I know it's Monday. Yesterday was crazy. We headed out at 7am to host an EMT National Registry test at Collin's office and by the time we got back home last night I was too pooped to write. I did, however have the privilege of being strapped down to a backboard about...oh...eight to ten times...so that was fun. (Insert sarcasm here.)

This was pretty much the highlight of the week :



Yup...that's right. It showed up on my doorstep last week and I have been loving on it ever since. It also helps add to the excitement that this showed up a few days before :


So now I have Jenny's autograph glued to the inside of the book. Yay!

I'm currently reading it and both Patti and Erin have asked to borrow it. I'm finding that I'm awfully protective of my new little treasure. There will be restrictions and I've told both of them that they must treat it like a newborn baby. This seriously might currently be my most prized possession. (I'm a little obsessed. How obsessed, you ask? I considered telling them that they would have to come over and read it here in my library just so it wouldn't leave the premises. Ya...I know...)

What else happened this week? Well...let's review...

Posts I Posted : It was another book week, with reviews of funny lady Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and other concerns) as well as the super cute and tear-inducing young adult novel The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Amazingly enough, I actually posted a project as well. Not even just a project...a tutorial (sort of). I showed you how I made Abigail's teddy bear from my couch cushions and Collin's pants.

Books I Read : I finished up Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close and Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn. Reviews will be coming shortly. I'm currently reading Let's Pretend this Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir by Jenny Lawson. Let me tell you...awesome. I love her. We should be neighbors. She'd be way more fun than crazy neighbor. Especially since he returned from his secret disappearance (which we assume was rehab) and has been far too quiet and boring.

Recipes I Tried : I made Tuscan Chicken with Tomato Basil Cream. I was really excited to try this one because it sounded so simple. Ya...it was simple...and tasted pretty simple too. I can make something just as easy that tastes better. It's off the list. Bummer. What a let down.

Projects I Finished : We are SO not even going to talk about Project Life. I finished two weeks' worth of journaling. I'm still a boat load behind. Enough said.

I did get a bit of a present this week though. You know the Big Secret Project? Well...it involves some woodworking and remodeling of a furniture item. I managed to see another similar item last week...sitting out on someone's curb for the garbage man. I mentioned it to Collin and he picked it up for me (after asking the people if it was okay, of course). So I now have another similar furniture item that I will be remodeling as well. That should take care of one little girl's birthday present and another one's Christmas gift. Yay! Oh...and thus far, I'm into both gifts a total of $15. I'm just that awesome. And that's all the info you get for now. (I'm doing SO well at keeping this a - kind of - secret.)

Alright, well...I'm done with being indoors for now. I'm going to go see if I can figure out how to get some sun tea brewing on my patio while I continue to read Jenny's book and veg out in the lovely weather. (It's freaking 90 degrees here people! I have to enjoy it before it goes back to 60 on Thursday.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips