Sunday, March 18, 2012

Summary Sunday: Relaxation Edition

Things have finally calmed down around here...at least until tomorrow. I've had a nice couple of days relaxing while Dar's been with his mom and Collin has been working and teaching. (Maybe one of these days I'll be able to have a relaxing day with Collin.)

Darian and I finished his science project on Thursday...thank goodness. I think it turned out pretty well.


He has his science fair on Tuesday night and then his Idaho History Program on Wednesday night. It's going to be a busy week.

Friday night I started prepping some things for the big project of the year. I'm still not telling you exactly what I'm doing, but I'll start dropping little hints as the year goes on.

I saw a commercial for ACE Hardware where they mentioned free paint on Saturday. I'm totally about the free stuff. So I decided to pick out my colors. I ran up to the crop room and sorted through my paint chip stash. (What? Doesn't everyone have one?) I ended up picking out Midnight Iris and Green Banana.


How cute are those?? I took off Saturday morning on a mission for paint. It got interesting when the store couldn't match my color due to a base issue, so I ended up picking out new colors based on what they had available. Still pretty close though. I'm now going with Iris Plum and Tropical Grass.



And now I have my 2 free quarts of paint. It should be close to enough. I may have to pick up a bit extra down the road...we'll see.


I've also been working on my Project Life. As predicted, the journaling is proving frustrating. However, it's the actual printing that's being the trouble, not the writing. After nearly 5 years, I apparently still don't know how to load paper into my printer when I'm printing on landscape. I screwed up two journaling cards last night before I gave up. Maybe I'll do some more today.

What else has been going on this week?

Posts I Posted : I gave you not one, but two Project Life posts. I talked to you about my failure to purchase the right product before starting the project and I gave you a little OCD present in the form of some printables for Project Life planning. I also shared my review of my Goodreads book, Forgotten Country by Catherine Chung. As part of my good karma for that I learned this week that I have won two more books from Goodreads. I'm telling you, I just love that site!

Books I Read : I'm a little slow on the reading these days, what with doing science projects for three full weeks and spending until 11pm doing math homework. (Geez, 4th grade is hard.) I did finish Forgotten Country but it doesn't really count since I technically finished it last week. I have started reading I Will Teach You to Be Rich by Ramit Sethi. It was recommended by Patti. It takes a lot of focus and energy to read since I want to glean every bit of information I can, but so far I'm learning some things that I think will make our lives easier when it comes to money. Time will tell. I'm going to have to break it up over the next few weeks so that I don't get overwhelmed, so I'll be starting a second book here soon. I haven't decided what to read just yet...

Recipes I Tried : The science project did attempt to strangle my cooking for the week, but I managed to bounce back with a few things. I again made the delicious Blueberry Buttermilk Breakfast Cake. I muffed up and only bought half of the blueberries I needed, so we wound up with a smaller batch this time.


Yesterday, I made some wonderful Tomato Basil Soup...


...and today I busted out these bad boys...


I'll be sharing both of those recipes tomorrow.

Projects I Finished : I made some serious headway on the big project. I drew up some plans and did some measurements and dismantling. I also got that wonderful paint. I'm really excited for how this could turn out. I don't think I'll be able to keep it secret for long. I'll probably start sharing bits and pieces that will more or less give it away here in the next couple of weeks.

Favorite Blog Post : I finally got caught up on all of my blog reading. And what do I have to share with you, you say? Well, Geek in Heels came through again with her hilarious White Guy Dance Moves Infographic. As always, you're welcome.

Now...if you'll excuse me, I'm off to do some really important work pinning things on Pinterest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips