Monday, March 5, 2012

Summary Monday: Creepy Edition

So...what did you do with your weekend? Me? Oh...I did this...


No, I'm not some creepy goth fanatic, I'm helping Darian with his science fair project. He has decided to find out if the average lifespan is longer now than it was during pioneer days. In order to do that, we've been gathering birth and death dates from gravestones all over the valley. This weekend was our final push and we spent over twelve hours out trolling the cemeteries. This week we're going to be compiling the creepy data. But...hey...at least I got some cool pictures out of the deal.

Aside from our creepy adventures, this is what I was up to this past week :

Posts I Posted : It's been a book-a-rama around here. I posted reviews for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and hilarious Betty White's If You Ask Me (and of Course You Won't). Yup...that's pretty much it.

Projects I Finished : I did manage to finish a page of Project Life and get some pictures printed for the subsequent pages. This week I'll be displaying my pages for January. Finally. I also found a major score at a thrift store to start the big project of the year.

Books I Read : Since I last posted a summary I have finished The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, If You Ask Me (and of Course You Won't), and Sarah's Key, which will be reviewed this week.

Recipes I Tried : It's been a CrockPot kind of time. We gave Buffalo Wing Soup a try. Not bad really. It actually could be thickened to make quite a good dip. However, Darian and I are both in agreement that we liked the Crockpot Buffalo Chicken better. I have to say, I'm just becoming a big fan of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Today we're going to try Skinny Crockpot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. I'm skeptical. Not because I think it's a bad recipe, but because me and herbs don't really get along. I usually end up overpowering the rest of the flavors.

And there you have it. I'm getting totally backlogged on reading blog posts, my house is nearing disaster and I feel like I've accomplished nothing, but hey...my butt and thighs should be great thanks to the miles and miles I walked over the last few days.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool science project idea! Kinda creepy, too. Only conduct during daylight hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been interesting. We learned that Mary Borah, wife of Idaho Senator William E. Borah, lived to be 106. Pretty darned impressive!

      Delete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips