Saturday, March 3, 2012

2012 BOTY: If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't) by Betty White



I decided after reading a few difficult and off the wall books that it was time for something relaxing and fun. What says more fun than Betty White? Who couldn't love this woman? She's fantastic.

So...I sat down and read If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't) by the wonderful Betty White.

This woman is just the best person on the planet, I swear. I would totally hang out with her. She's amazing. I just can't say enough. I think we all could learn how to live a better life just by listening to her for a few minutes a day. She is brilliant and real and talks in a way that educates you without sounding condescending. She is just...well...friendly.

Ms. White (I so can't bring myself to just call her Betty...it just seems to informal) writes short little chapters in this book about random things throughout her life. The little vignettes are absolutely wonderful. She writes with a love and a charm that just make you feel warm and fuzzy. Oh...and if you haven't learned this already...she is HILARIOUS. She plays some wonderful characters on TV and maybe you've thought that (like some other actors) it's all due to great writing. You would be SO wrong. She has a comedic genius that just is...well...genius.

I read this entire book in one sitting. I loved it. I really did. I would read it again right now. I'm looking forward to reading her other books. I feel like this was just a taste of the wonderfulness that I can experience. However, because I have to be brutally honest, I did have one little issue with the book that prevented it from getting 5 stars. Much like Tina Fey's Bossypants, the book is written in a non-linear fashion. It jumps from place to place. Because of this, there are some pieces that appear to get partially repeated. It's slightly distracting, but doesn't ruin the book.

All in all, I can't say enough about this book. Just go freakin' read it. You'll love it. I gave Ms. Betty White a rating of 4 stars (let's just say four and three quarters) out of 5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips