Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Class is In Session

Here goes nothing! It's my first foray into a new weekly feature.

Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly book meme created by Lainey of GingerReadsLainey and hosted via Goodreads group by Samantha from Thoughts on Tomes. Each week brings a new twist on a literary topic and a whole host of book bloggers and booktubers take to the internet with their representations of what that means.

This week, the topic is "Classes Based on Books/Characters".

It's back to school season, so let's discuss some classes you'd like to take either based on books or based on characters' skills. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO NOT USE HARRY POTTER, because that is too easy. You are supposed to make up your own classes. For example, you could use How to Dismantle a Dystopian Regime for The Hunger Games or Archery 101 with Katniss.

So...let's go. The bell is ringing. It's time for class to be in session...

IT422 Alternative Cybersecurity

Be prepared for bluntness and a professor who won't tolerate excuses. By the end of this course, you should be able to master all there is about the web and navigating electronic circuitry. In addition, your capabilities will include the possibility of remaining undetectable for large periods of time, regardless of location. You'll have all of the tools available for master hacking, it's up to you to choose whether your new skills will lead you to a career in White Hat or Black Hat fields.

 MUS205 Constructing the Ideal Roadmix

This may sound like a simple course, but only one with a true musical ear will pass with high marks. You must understand the subtleties of genre and mood. You must be able to read your co-pilot or other passengers. You will learn the psychological skills necessary to construct playlists that will move, excite, and soothe those who travel. Prepare for the ultimate final exam. You will be paired with a near stranger for a cross-country adventure who must be inspired by your soundtrack from departure to destination.

 TelCom314 Crossrealm Communications

Sure, they say that communication is 55% nonverbal. However, this course will show you that the other 45% is all you really need to change the course of history. Circuit wiring and technical skill training are paired with linguistics and psychological instruction for comprehension of verbal emotional cues in order to help you communicate with those from another side. Be it the past, the present, the future, or the beyond, with the completion of this course, you will be able to manipulate the lines of telecommunication with absolute finesse.

 BIO270 Obscure Immunology

The common cold? How boring. Think bigger. You will be schooled in allergic response from the simple principles of ragweed and pet dander to the extreme concepts of total immune response. In conjunction with its laboratory course, BIO220-L, this class seeks to prepare you for comprehension of the absolutely unbelievable.

 REL504 Journey to Godliness

Graduate students only. Not for the timid or faint of heart. This course will take you on a complex journey of knowledge that will cross-reference several other courses offered in the curriculum. You must be a well-rounded student in order to qualify for one of the twelve seats in this class. Prerequisites include courses in library science, mathematics, transportation, finance, linguistics, history, medicine, psychology, zoology, and vocational technology. Pass the final exam (not an easy task) and perhaps you may gain the keys to godhood. 

Find any courses you might like? Tell me that wasn't fun. It was way too fun for me. got posted a little late, but that's what happens when your house is ruled by a near 6-month old and you have events during the day that include pig wrangling, chasing down wayward cattle, and rogue gardening. Never a dull moment here...


Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips