Sunday, February 16, 2014

Summary Sunday: Hands on Fire Edition

As I type this, my hands are on fire. Yup. Continuously burning. Why? Because I'm an awesome wife, that's why. Collin's neck has been bugging him so I spent about 30 minutes rubbing his neck with BioFreeze. The tingly warmness refuses to go away...even after a solid 30 second hand wash with soap. So that'll make this just a little more interesting tonight.

How did your week go? Mine was very odd. Work was pretty slow, so I spent a lot of time at home when I normally would've been gone. You'd think that would work out to me accomplishing a lot of stuff...but really not so much. Mostly I got to sleep in a couple of times, hung out with the dog, and did some laundry. Oh...and I worked on a project that took about a bajillion layers of clear coat and mod podge to finish.

Did you celebrate Valentine's Day? We did...kind of. And then we celebrated it again today...kind of. On Valentine's Day night (that sounds totally awkward) Collin made the executive decision to take the family out to dinner. So we went and had some all-you-can-eat sushi using some Christmas money we had left over. Today we went for some yummy brunch using yet another gift card (I love gift cards) and then managed to remember to open our Valentine's Day card from my parents (Coldstone gift card...score!). All in all, not bad. It was nice to hang out with the boys a few times this week.

We also had parent-teacher conferences this week. Darian's grades look good, but (no big surprise here) he's having issues talking in class. Same story every year. The kid just doesn't know when to keep it shut. One of these days he'll figure it out.

What else did I do this week?

Posts I Posted : To be honest, I'm actually a little behind on posts. I still managed to get three of them completed this week, but I expanded my original plan for our love story and that wound up putting me a few posts back. Oh well, all in good time.

©Broken H Photography

I did finally post some pictures from our wedding and talked about how I set up our wedding canopy.

©Broken H Photography
After that, I finally finished my Valentine's Day project. We now officially have at least one piece of Valentine's Day decor.


Books I Read : Try as I may, I just cannot get on top of that darned book goal. I finished two books since the last Summary Sunday and I'm still two books behind. How does that work? Drat.

Insurgent by Veronica Roth was a clear win and The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks was disappointing.

I'm currently reading the last of the Divergent trilogy...Allegiant. So far, so good. It promises to be a quick read.

Recipes I Tried : This week I lucked upon a good find in my Facebook feed, BuzzFeed's 19 Delicious Spaghetti Dinners. We tried not one, but two of these puppies this week.


The first one was the Spaghetti with Bacon, Pecorino, and Fried Egg. You can never go wrong with bacon. I substituted some Gruyere and Parmesan for the Pecorino, but otherwise followed the recipe. It was flipping delicious you guys. Horrible for you, but ridiculously good. The boys agreed. We will be having that one again for sure.

The second recipe was the Spaghetti with Olive, Capers, and Roasted Red Peppers. This one I modified pretty heavily. (I also failed to take a picture.) Neither Collin nor I are a big fan of capers, so those were eliminated before I even started. And I like meat in my meals, so I added in some chicken. Once that was done, it still tasted a little plain. So...I tossed in some Parmesan, pepper, onion powder and about a half cup of leftover tomato sauce from last week. Oh, I also pretty much tripled the amount of olives since Collin is a big ol' olive fan. That's how we roll around here. That pepped it up a little bit and it wasn't bad, but not as good as the bacon pasta earlier in the week. Poor recipe. Totally overshadowed by the power of bacon.

Two new recipes in one week. Amazing. Don't expect that to happen again any time soon.

Projects I Worked On/Finished : That Valentine's Day project nearly killed me. It's probably a good thing work was slow or I never would've been able to finish it on time. But...it turned out cute and I like it. Collin even complemented it. That was nice.

Favorite Pin I Pinned : So I pinned a lot of stuff this week. I cleaned out my email inbox yesterday and that led me into a bunch of suggested pins and boards. It got a little out of hand. But I found a good pile of new recipes and a few good project ideas, so not too shabby.

It actually took me a little bit of time to figure out which one was my favorite this week. Amazingly, this week it isn't a food post. It's this lovely gem from BoBella on Tumblr via Bridgette Raes.


I have plans to clean out my closet this year...we'll see if I can follow this plan. I will admit that a good chunk of the stuff that should go in the "toss it" pile will actually probably end up as fabric scraps to be used on another project. I suppose that part won't be nearly as bad as the stuff I keep because "it would fit if I just lost a little bit of weight". That's always the case, isn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips