Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Christmas Project Countdown 2013

Well hello again! I told you I'd make it back before the end of November. I just squeaked it in. Things have calmed down a little bit around here and I should be able to return to a regular weekly posting. Thank goodness!

I am currently getting started on this year's Christmas present projects. I am waiting for a shipment in the mail and I have one thing left to pick up at the store and then all of the necessary supplies will be in house. I'm planning on getting a few things accomplished this weekend. (Fingers crossed.)

As with the last two years (2011 and 2012), I will be using the Christmas Project Countdown to help me keep track of my progress and maintain my sanity as I work to finish everything on time. The tough part is finishing gifts for my brother and sister-in-law who live across the country. Their stuff has a deadline that is swiftly coming up so that I have time to ship. Their projects will get moved to the top of the list as soon as all of the supplies arrive.

So...what does the Project Countdown look like this year, you ask? Wonder no more...


As with last year, the total project count has gone up. This year's project count stands at 54. (Why do I do this to myself?) But...the good news is that there are a few simple projects and only one fairly time extensive project in there. Everything else is a smattering of somewhere in between. I think I should be able to manage all of this without an excessive meltdown (as happened while making Emily's alphabet soup quilt back in 2011) and I should be able to finish before Christmas Eve.

As we speak, I have 11 projects started. I am aiming for completion of at least 14 by the end of the weekend. Of course, the thank you cards I ordered for our wedding presents finally arrived from the printer yesterday, so a good chunk of the weekend will be taken up writing them and getting them ready to ship out. And of course, projects are all riding on my shipment from JoAnn Fabrics showing up today. Come on UPS...Time will tell; wish me luck!

I hope everyone enjoys a fantastic Thanksgiving tomorrow and I will be back in a few days with a bit of catch up on this year's Book of the Year progress. I'm so excited to finally be back to blogging! I've missed it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips