Thursday, August 2, 2012

This Isn't Really a Post...It's More of a Chat

So...I just feel like talking today. We should have a little chat. But...I think mostly I'll just chat...okay, it'll be all me. Does that make me sound conceited? Because, to be honest, I'm not sure I'm bothered by that.

I haven't been blogging much lately and it's really been for a few rather large reasons.

Number one...I haven't felt like it. Oy...that's horrible, right? But...I find that my craftiness comes in waves. Sometimes my energy is just devoted to other things. I will make this sound slightly better by informing you that the scrapbook room is a disaster with the progress of a current project...one I hope to have finished by this weekend. So at least I'm doing something.

Number two...I haven't really been the most chipper girl. I'm dealing with a lot of personal junk right now and the stress levels are high. Because of that I've really just been in a crummy, self-absorbed mood. And my rule of thumb is that if I can't say something nice then I won't say anything at all. No one comes to a blog to get more depressed. Ugh. So I've been quietly keeping to myself instead...but it's okay...I'm bouncing back.

Number three...I have been attacking the office policy manual. This has to be the most draining activity ever. We have an employee policy and general procedure manual that is freaking huge. It details the steps of everything that needs done around here. But...it hasn't been revised in 5 years and some things have been changed. Plus, the way it's organized right now there are a lot of policies that get repeated in a bunch of sections. Super annoying. So I've been trudging through it, rewriting as I go. Out of the 14 sections that I need to complete, I'm on number 3. That sounds kind of daunting. Maybe I should say it like this...Out of the 14 sections that I need to complete, I'm on number 3!! There...see...I've accomplished something and I'm proud of it.

So there you go. Those are my excuses. But I'm coming around. I think I'll be back on task here shortly...I am currently being heavily distracted by the Olympics, I won't lie. Plus, I have a pile of fun recipes ready to give you and some book reviews. (I discovered the other day that I am currently 9 books behind for my year's goal...I need to get cracking.)

And...for those of you who have read through all of this blah, blah, blah. I have a surprising new development. I was on my way home for lunch yesterday and saw...a sign...in the neighbor's yard. I'm not sure whether to be shocked, sad or ecstatic, but it would appear that crazy neighbor is moving. I'll miss his antics - he was out swearing at the car a couple of days ago...again - and I'm kind of nervous to see who we'll have moving in, but...it will be super nice to sleep in on a Saturday morning without power washing and cursing at 6am.

Alrighty then, I have sufficiently talked your ear off. Back to the grind. Let's get some things done! Onward and upward.

1 comment:

  1. I find myself wishing and praying for something random to happen in the day so I can have some blog fodder! It's tough when life gets busy but things will smooth out again, Olympics will finally come to an end (so I can unglue my face from the tv), and blogging will once again flow like milk and honey ;)

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips