Monday, July 23, 2012

Zesty Summer Steak Salad: A Lazy Blogger's Meal

So...it's summer. Ya, you probably already noticed what with the sweltering heat and what not. But...summer means something else too...lazy bloggers. I logged into my reader today to find that over the last 10 days I've chalked up 81 posts to read. Seems like a lot, right? Nope. Usually 10 days would land me with over 300 posts to read. But I am very much not upset...because...that means that my blogging laziness is totally on par. That's right. I'm average. I'll totally take it.

It's way too easy to distract myself from blogging with other things. I won't lie though, they aren't all summer activities. The primary time suck? Sims 3. Yup. That's right. A computer game. And I am not ashamed...I am living life vicariously through my Sim. She has steady income, a nice cute house that she can clean in about 20 minutes, cheap food and horses. Ya...I'm totally jealous of her.

But I digress...the point is...today I am blogging. It should be celebrated. You're welcome.

And in the spirit of lazy summer, I am providing  you with a relatively lazy lunch/dinner idea. It's hearty, but still light. I know...contradictory. Just go with it. 


What You'll Need:


1 lb. flank steak
1 tbsp. Mrs. Dash
1 medium red onion, diced
6 c. chopped lettuce
1 medium tomato, sliced
4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced

Dressing :
1/3 c. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. Mrs. Dash


What You Do:


Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl and refrigerate.

Press 1 tbsp. seasoning onto steak. Grill on medium heat 3-4 minutes per side, turning once for medium rare. Let steak rest for 5 minutes prior to cutting.

Carve steak into slices or bite sizes. Toss with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and eggs. Drizzle with dressing.



See...not that hard. In fact, downright easy. And the mess is pretty minimal too. Thank goodness, because I hate cleaning the kitchen. Unlike this recipe, I not contradictory. I am nothing if not consistent. All lazy, all the time. Go me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips