Monday, May 21, 2012

Summary Monday: Because I'm Just That Lazy Edition

So I haven't blogged for a few days. You're thinking, "Wow...she must be really busy." Ya...not so much. I'm really just uber lazy and flat out haven't felt like it. It was quite nice really. I took a couple of naps, finished a book...lovely.

The meal plan is plodding along successfully. I made a couple of recipes earlier than intended simply because my berries were getting "iffy", but they are safely refrigerated and ready to go for their days this week. I've also managed to freeze some leftovers from one meal, thus adding another day at the end. We'll just keep going...

The good news is that I'm piling up with recipes to give you. The bad news is that my food photography needs a little work. I think this is a good reason to now need a macro lens. I guess I'll have to put it on my wish list. My birthday is in four months...maybe I'll get lucky. Perhaps something like this...

Nikon 105mm 2.8 VR
Source

Any who...

What did I do last week?

Posts I Posted : Well the big post of the week was the 4-Month Meal Plan. It took off a little for a while on Pinterest, which is pretty cool. I'm kind of hoping that things start moving along even better as I start to post the recipes. Oh...and shameless plug here, if you like the blog please follow it on Facebook or via Google Reader. Also...I totally don't mind if you tell your friends. Hint, hint. Okay...plug over.

Last week, Darian also made a return to the blog. He chatted with you about his experience on a two-day field trip. It was a pretty neat adventure for him. He was especially psyched to get a comment from his teacher.

And, finally...I gave you a tour of our food storage in order to show you what it takes to keep a 4-month meal plan on hand.

Books I Read : I finally finished East of Denver. It wasn't an easy task. I'll be reviewing it soon. I always feel bad when I get a book for free and then it turns out that I don't think it's all that great. The down side of reviewing. They can't all be winners. I am now reading The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve. I am loving it. She may very well become a favorite.

Projects I Finished : After five years of griping I finally did something about our disastrous utility shoe closet. It's all nice and pretty now. I'll be sharing it's renovation soon.

Recipes I Tried : Oh it was a busy week for new recipes. We had Greek Turkey Burgers, Crockpot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches, Ranch Chicken Salad, Toasted Sesame Ginger Chicken, Chicken Rollatini w/ Spinach and Grilled Flank Stead with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce. Don't worry...I took pictures. I'll be sharing it all with you.

And that's about it...phew... And just a little gem to leave you with...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips