Saturday, March 27, 2010

3-25-2010: Vacation Time! (Last of posts imported from After the Flames)

It's been a pretty crazy couple of weeks. It's seemed to go by in a blur. But a blur in a (mostly) good way. I am now FINALLY on vacation. The office is closed until Monday the 5th sonow I can just sit back and breathe. It's awesome.

We're taking Sadie to the vet tonight to get her stitches removed. She and Piper got into a ridiculous blood bath of a fight about 10 days ago resulting in a Sunday evening trip to the vet and a $700 bill for surgery, shaving, stitches & staples (oh my!). Mom says that we've spent more in vet bills on our pets that she paid for us three kids in doctor's bills growing up. (I say bah, but I agree that it's getting a little ridiculous) Poor Sadie's been stuck with a cone on her head for the last little while...until about 4 o'clock this afternoon when she managed to rip the side of it off. She is now cone free. But because of the cone and because we don't dare put her and Piper back together yet, she's spent the better part of the last 10 days in her crate. It wasn't too bad for about the first 4-5 days as she wasn't feeling particularly well, but it's gotten hard in the last couple as she's built up a gob of energy to burn. On the bright side, she is RIDICULOUSLY well potty-trained now. :)

I spoke with the doc the other day about the meds and we both agreed that the Lamictal is doing well, but that it may need to go up just a bit. So I start tomorrow on 100mg a day instead of 50. He's given me full reign to reduce to 75mg if I feel like 100 is too much after a couple of weeks. He's so cool about it all. Best doc ever.

I'm really looking forward to the next few days. Tonight, after he gets off of work, Collin & I are taking Sadie to the vet and then heading out for dinner. Sad as it is, I've been craving Panda Express lately so that's the plan (as nonfancy as it is, I'm thrilled). Tomorrow I'm headed to a crop with Patti for the whole day. It will be nice to get out of the house and do something creative with friends. After that I have a day by myself before Collin gets four days off of both work and school. It's going to be the first time we've had more than one day together since Christmas. I'm excited.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips