Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Relaxing and Recentering

I upped my medication last week after talking with my doctor. I felt that my Lamictal was doing its work, but that there was still just a bit of breakthrough of downswings more often than I liked. I am now taking 100mg of Lamictal a day in addition to my 150mg of Wellbutrin XL. It's been nearly a week and I'm feeling pretty darned "normal" and good. I had a small scare last night with a light rash on my legs, but it subsided by morning so it's probably more likely due to a mild allergic reaction than a development of the dreaded "lamictal rash". Thank goodness...I really like the med balance right now.

Spring break is lovely. I really needed some time off. I have found that my stress of being around people does increase after a day or two and I just need some time alone. I was doing fairly well until last Friday afternoon. While out doing some OCD shopping (I had a particular item in mind, but couldn't find it - later ended up using something I already had at home) I started feeling a little jittery and overwhelmed while in a store. I felt my chest getting tighter and knew I just needed to leave. After a few minutes regrouping in the truck, I returned home and was able to calm back down, but I couldn't bring myself to leave the house again until Sunday. I think I just need people in small doses and small numbers. Social situations get me nice and tensed up. I probably should have considered that when I was choosing a profession. :)

I'm spending a lot of time with Collin this week and it's been really good to just be able to relax together. We still have things we need to do and places we need to be, but it's a lot more relaxed than our normal schedule. Collin has school off this week as well so we've spent last night and tonight up at the ambulance service he volunteers for an hour north of our home. He really enjoys being on the ambulance and I'm just hanging out while he's out on a call. Tomorrow is our last full day together before he goes back to work, but it's still been nice. I've missed having time like this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips