Hey...surprise, surprise...guess who was a total slacker and didn't pay attention to the dates she laid out for the bracket challenge? (Sheepishly raises hand...) Ya...I kind of forgot to put up the sign ups this weekend. So...we're changing the dates a little. THIS, my friends, is the official sign up post.
Haven't participated before, but are mildly interested? No problem...
Here's how you can be a part of it!
1. Write a post on your blog declaring your intent to join this year's challenge. Not a blogger? Post to your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Your bracket updates can be posted as photos on those platforms. Help me to get the word out and get more bloggers involved. The official hashtag for this year's challenge is #BOTY2015. The more the merrier!
Be sure to take the blurb below and add it to your post in order to link back to this sign-up page and help others find the right place to start.
The Book of the Year Bracket Challenge is a blogging challenge open to all reading bloggers and operated by Elle at Erratic Project Junkie. Participants track the books they read in a year and then enter those books into an NCAA style bracket of any size and in any order they choose. At the end of January 2016, all participating bloggers will begin working through their brackets, eliminating books and picking champions with the ultimate goal of naming their favorite book (book of the year) for 2015. For all BOTY Bracket Challenge information, scheduling, and updates, visit Erratic Project Junkie.
2. Add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
3. Grab your list of books read between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
3. Find a bracket that fits the number of books you read during the year. Brackets may exist in any of the following book counts: 8, 16, 32, 64, etc. You decide the parameters for how a book gains entry into your bracket and which position in the bracket they start in. For some examples, check out how I designed my brackets over the years.
4. Fill up your bracket! Any books are eligible for this challenge as long as you read them between January 1,2015 and December 31, 2015. Graphic novels and audio books are also welcome. It's kind of like the Choose Your Own Adventure of book challenges.
5. Participate in bracket elimination posts. Eliminations begin on January 20th, 2016. Final winners will be announced on January 25th, 2016. The following schedule will be used for BOTY posts:
Altered dates for bracket postings are as follows...
January 20th : Initial eliminations. All rounds of eliminations needed to get the number of contestants reduced to 32.January 21st : Elimination to find the Sweet Sixteen.January 22nd : Reducing challengers to eight books - the Elite Eight.January 23rd : Quarterfinals. Determine your Final Four.January 24th : Semi-Finals. Only two may enter the final arena.January 25th : Finals...the Champion will be determined. Announce your Book of the Year!
Yes...we might actually finish this thing before the end of the month. Amazing, right?
6. Start preparing for next year! In order to help you keep track of the books you've read, consider getting an account over at Goodreads and adding yourself to their 2016 Reading Challenge. Once again, any books are eligible for this challenge as long as you read them between January 1,2016 and December 31, 2016.
Be sure to check out bloggers on the linky throughout the year to see their progress on their individual reading challenges, book reviews, and watch their brackets fill. Get to know one another before the big showdown.
And now it gets fun...
It's time for the...
Official Sign-Up Linky
* Remember to include your a direct link to your sign up post, not your blog's main page.
A direct link should look like this : http://yoururl.com/your-sign-up-post
* Sign up for the Challenge by entering your Name & Blog Name in the Linky at the end of this post
(ie. Elle @ Erratic Project Junkie).
* If you have any questions regarding the Book of the Year Bracket Challenge, feel free to contact me at