Friday, January 15, 2016

Time to Saddle Back Up...Upcoming Plans

I took a little more time than I had originally planned, but I've now begun to dig back out of my cave of isolation and it's time to get back to blogging. And reading. I've missed it.

And now for something big...


It's time for the blog to take a new direction. That means a bit of a change in terms of logo...again, but it's what will need to be done. Over the years I've waffled on exactly what my focus would be. There has been a hodgepodge over time...a little bit of this, a little bit of that. However, the last few months have been interesting for me and I seem to be finding new focus in my life. I'm finding me. There may be more about that here and there over the next few months, but for now...suffice it to say that I am feeling stronger and more comfortable in myself as a person. I know more what I want and what I want to do.

While I do love doing projects that include crafts and sewing, they haven't been a primary focus for me over the past year or so. My love has refocused on reading...on learning. I still do things with my hands now and then, but it's so much easier to pick up a good book and get lost in it. So I'm refashioning the blog in a way. I'm going to focus primarily on those books that I love so much. There's going to be a lot more literary discussion, a lot more book reviewing, and (hopefully) a lot more reading. Don't be surprised if you see a project here and there (I'm still the same erratic Elle, after all), but they're taking a bit of a back seat to my love for the written word. I hope you'll be willing to join me for that.

I'll be putting together a 2016 blog plan here in the next few days and you'll probably be seeing a lot of posts from me in a short period of time...I have a lot to say.

As for the current moment...let's talk about what's coming up soon.


The 24 in 48 Readathon is this weekend! School just started, so my homework load is relatively light at the moment. Timing is swell. I'll likely be spending some of my weekend reading school related materials, but reading is still reading. And I have a few good books on the nightstand that I'll be devouring if I'm able to get all of that finished. I'm excited to have some good reading time. I plan on just hanging out on a soft bed wrapped up in a blanket and reading until my eyes can't stay open any longer. It's going to be great.


A few of you have asked about the Book of the Year Bracket Challenge. Yes! Game is on! Click here if you need a bracket. I'll be posting the sign up later this weekend.

As for the schedule...here's what we're preparing for:
January 18th : Initial eliminations. All rounds of eliminations needed to get the number of contestants reduced to 32. 
January 19th Elimination to find the Sweet Sixteen.
January 20th : Reducing challengers to eight books - the Elite Eight.
January 21st Quarterfinals. Determine your Final Four.
January 22nd : Semi-Finals. Only two may enter the final arena.
          January 23rd : Finals...the Champion will be determined. Announce your Book of the Year!

There will be more about the specifics on the challenge over the next day or so, but please join in on the fun and post your brackets! It's always fun to see what books other readers loved over their year. We all know how I like to add to my TBR pile.

I'm headed off to do a bit of homework to hopefully free up the remainder of the weekend for reading. I'll be back tomorrow for the 24 in 48!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I was so happy to see you pop up in my feed reader. :) I'm glad to hear that your inspiration has returned and, as an unabashed book addict, I love that you'll be focusing more on reading. Looking forward to see what you come up with!

    Happy 24in48!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I was so happy to see you pop up in my feed reader. :) I'm glad to hear that your inspiration has returned and, as an unabashed book addict, I love that you'll be focusing more on reading. Looking forward to see what you come up with!

    Happy 24in48!

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips