Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pre-Party Post

Well good morning lovely readers! The games are about to begin! Today is the Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon. It's just moments away...

It is currently just a smidge before 6am and I have roused myself from a lovely deep sleep to get out here and read. Let's start with some quick pre-party questions before we get this show on the road!


1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

I am in Idaho, in the Pacific Northwest (US). More specifically, I am spending my day in a tent in my backyard. Yes...you read that right. I started this trend a couple of read-a-thons ago, and I've found it's a great way to give myself a special read-a-thon place to tuck in and have some great reading time. It's currently a nice, balmy 45 degrees Fahrenheit and I'm snuggled down in between the sleeping bags in the dark. I've got the lantern lighting up my humble abode until the sun decides to rise.

Assembling the read-a-thon hut.

2. Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

I am flying by the seat of my pants today. Yet another thing I've learned from my past Dewey (and other read-a-thon experiences) is that I seem to do better with less of a plan. I have my Nook loaded and ready for the darker hours when the lantern just doesn't provide enough light to read from a standard book. For the daylight hours, I have Jenny Lawson's Furiously Happy and Neil Patrick Harris's Choose Your Own Autobiography. I have a nice smattering of great selections and I'm totally psyched.



3. Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I sent the husband to the store a couple of days ago for snacks and he did not disappoint. I have a fine selection of sugary goods that should keep me good and wired. I think the chewy Sprees are the ones I'm most excited about. I also put together some energy bites last night (another read-a-thon tradition), so that makes me quite happy.

Last read-a-thon's snack selections.

4. Tell us a little something about yourself!

I'm a voracious reader most of the time, but I have been in a bit of a reading (and blogging) slump lately thanks to my crazy decision to go back to school. I'm actually a practicing dentist in real life, but I decided that wasn't enough. And so...I returned to Boise State University this January to pursue a double major in English and accountancy. I'm currently working full-time and taking a class load of 16 credits. Basically, I'm crazy.


Even after their crap showing at last night's football game, I'm still proud to be a Bronco.

5. If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what is one thing you'll do different today?

Oh boy, I don't really know. I do know that I won't be aiming for the full 24 hours this time. This is thanks to a small interlude I'll be having at about the halfway mark in order to go to a business dinner. I have mixed feelings about leaving my cozy little tent. But...the dinner will be good, probably a needed break at that point, and I'm totally going to make my husband drive so I can read on the way.


Now...with that...I see that the clock now reads 6:01am. That means it's reading time! Off we go!

Happy Reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips