Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Day Banner


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving for us Americans. If you remember, earlier this year I made a goal to make new decor for each season and major holiday throughout the year. I've succeeded so far, other than not making anything specifically for summer/4th of July. I'll get that one next year.

I shared my two new fall decorations last month, but neither of them was specific to Thanksgiving. Since according to Darian, I "always make one of those", I decided that we needed a mantle banner.

This is a lazy post about it...meaning that I did not take very stellar photographs documenting the project. My apologies.

I cut out a few circles with my Pazzle and then topped them with inner circle stencils (also made with the Pazzle). I strung them up with some yarn and used a few decorative paper clips to add a little sparkle and also weight to keep the individual letters from flipping around.


I have some letter blocks partially completed in the garage that will spell out "Give Thanks" where the "Family" sign currently is, but they won't make it for this Thanksgiving. The good news is that they're double sided, so they might make it for Christmas, we'll see. The project load is getting pretty heavy over here, so I might be too tied up to get to them.


Speaking of, I'll be putting up the Christmas Project Countdown for this year sometime in the next week. I'm still finalizing some plans so that I know exactly how many items I'm undertaking. It's looking pretty frightening, but a few of the projects will require Collin's participation, so that might lighten the load a little.

For now though, we're just prepping for turkey day. We'll be spending the day with my family and the evening with his. As far as cooking goes, we're in charge of the stuffing at my family's meal. I'll be making Spicy Chorizo Stuffing with a recipe from Devin at Salt and Pepper Moms. I made it last year and it was delicious! Here's hoping it turns out as well this year.

I'm looking forward to relaxing and spending some time with my family. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. And for those of you outside of the U.S., have a fantastic Thursday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips