Friday, October 17, 2014

Fall in Love with Fall

Yesterday, I shared a couple of pieces of Halloween decor that I put together over the last week. Today, we're moving forward to two more pieces that will be put up for fall decor once the Halloween decorations come down on November 1st.

My fall decorations are pretty slim pickings. It's a little sad. When I made the pledge earlier this year to make decorations for each major holiday, I knew that Thanksgiving and fall would be the ones that needed the most help. (Of course, I kind of goofed up and forgot all about 4th of July this year, but we'll just pretend that didn't happen.) I still need to do a Thanksgiving banner for the mantle, but these two pieces will help me get started.

(Once again, Pinterest was my friend. Sometimes my brain just isn't crafty enough to come up with new ideas.)

Project #1 : This one was an idea from Daily DIY Life.


I have a bunch of these bottles hanging out in the garage from our wedding (and my brother's wedding before that). My sister-in-law and her mother put them together using jute and hot glue on beer bottles. All I had to do was add some cut out shapes and letters and tie them on with some decorative fiber. Easy peasy.


Project #2 : This cute idea was courtesy of Maggie from The Love Nerds.


Once again, another leftover cabinet shelf. I seem to have a lot of those. Spray paint followed by ModPodge on cut out cardstock lettering (I used my Pazzle). I let that dry and then coated the top with another layer of ModPodge. After a night of curing, I blasted the front with a layer of clear coat. Now it's all ready to put out on November 1st.

Now...to decide what I want to do with my mantle...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips