Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon: Goals

Holy crap. This week is totally getting out of hand. Believe it or not, I really am still participating in the Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon hosted over at My Shelf Confessions.


I've been a little slow to get moving though. Instead, I've spent the last two evenings working on the memory quilt that I'll be delivering to its new owner on Thursday and posting on the blog later this week. I've also spent that time watching many, many hours and episodes of House while the sewing machine does its thing. (I will warn you...it's late and I've already caught myself twice trying to use "it's" instead of "its", so please forgive any ridiculous typos.)

And now...well...I kind of intend to read. I have gotten in a whopping 30 minutes since Monday, a very pathetic start. And once I finish the binding on that quilt tomorrow night...reading is almost all that's on the agenda. (I've also been tasked to do some sewing repairs by 3-year-old Marley. That superhero cape isn't going to put an "M" on itself.)

Wicked Wildfire is a ten day read-a-thon rather than a week long one, so that will allow me some additional reading time to make up for my slacking thus far. Thank goodness. We all know I'm going to need it.

Darian will be at his mom's house for the week, so I'm going it alone for at least the first six days. He was a little bummed that the timing didn't work out, but hopefully he'll be able to join me for the tail end.

I will...per what's become the usual...be tracking my progress using an excel spreadsheet and posting updates here on the blog. They'll probably be coming in every other day since I apparently have a lot on my plate.

The biggest goal is to hopefully catch up some on my reading challenges. I've fallen a couple of books behind on my Deal Me In Challenge and I intend to a bit better standing on that one. Additionally, I want to finish my book for the current Classics Spin choice. Not to mention the large stack of library books on my nightstand that need finished before August 8th.

Now...on with the goals...

Total Reading Time Goal : 21 3/4 hours (1300 minutes)

Total Pages Goal : 1600 pages

Completed Books Goal : 5 (I already finished The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott, but I had less than 50 pages left when I started the read-a-thon, so I'm not counting it in the books goal.)

Planned Reading:

1. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (Classics Spin choice)
5. The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman (Lent by Patti...who gave it a very enthusiastic 5 stars and said I need to read it.)

Bonus Books (all on the nightstand from the library):



I'm reading my Deal Me In books a little out of the pulled order, but seeing as the next on tap would otherwise have been the 900+ page behemoth The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, I'm going to go ahead and allow myself that liberty.

Better late than never...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips