Saturday, May 17, 2014

Bout of Books Update: Day 6 (Saturday)


It's day SIX of the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon. We've had a nice full day of reading. We got up at about 9am and participated in the Bout of Books Twitter chat. We had a good time and I found some new book-lovers to follow and some new books to read. We've spent the rest of the day having our own little read-a-thon. Our plan is to go all night. We'll see how well that goes. Right now we've both suited down into pajamas and we're hanging out on my bed getting ready to launch into our second half. But for now...it's time for an update.

Elle's Current Stats 


Currently Reading: Of Scars and Stardust by Andrea Hannah


When I Read Today: Read quite a bit today. Started out around 10am this morning and I'm still going (with small breaks during the day).

Other Things Accomplished Today: Not a whole lot. Did a load of laundry (part way), ran out to Patti's house to give her a house key when she managed to lock herself out. Other than that, pretty much just reading.


Minutes Read Today : 8 hours 22 minutes (502 minutes)

Total Time Read: 24 hours 54 minutes. (1494 minutes)

Goal: 20 hours (1200 minutes).



Pages Read Today: 452

Total Pages Read: 1107

Goal: 1200 pages.



Books Finished Today: 2







Total Books Finished: 5

Goal: 4 books.



How I'm Feeling: Pretty stinking happy about reaching the majority of my goals. Just have a few pages more to wrap up. This gives me a good base for where I should aim during Bout of Books 11 in August. I'm also caught up on my Goodreads Challenge goal. That makes me really happy too. There is definitely a nice, big, fat sense of satisfaction over here.



Darian's Current Stats 


When I Read Today: We're doing the 24-hour push, so from 10 in the morning today to hopefully 10 in the morning tomorrow.

Other Things Accomplished Today: Taking a nap, Twitter chat, eating candy, and going to the bathroom about fifty times.


Minutes Read Today : 418 minutes

Total Time Read: 692 minutes

Goal: 15 hours (900 minutes).



Pages Read Today: 318 pages

Total Pages Read: 586 pages

Goal: 1200 pages.



Books Finished Today: None

Total Books Finished: 1

Goal: 5 books.



How I'm Feeling: Not tired whatsoever. I realized that I put my goals way, way, way, way too high. Bored of Harry Potter. I feel relieved that I can just not read the rest of the Harry Potters. I'm wondering if I'm going to get bored of Ender's Game after this. (Elle's note: Approximately 5 minutes after telling me this, he told me, "I'm suddenly tired. I just want to make it to midnight." Haha.)

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME job! Congrats on making your goals. I'm glad you all had such a great day and I'm sure you met your page goal as well. Did either of you make it through to Sunday?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's a lot of reading. But impressive goals. Good for you. I found you via the A to Z road trip. Very cool blog

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips