Sunday, April 27, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon: Part III (Hours 19-24)


Wow! The hours are flying by. Once again, I've moved to creating a new post since the last one was getting so full. So the home stretch of today's read-a-thon will be hosted in this part III post.




Hour 19:


Current Stats 
Currently Reading: Acts of Contrition by Jennifer Handford (currently on page 122 of 341).



Snacks Eaten This Hour: A few Skittles and a couple of Birthday Cake Oreos (they're yummy).
Other Things Accomplished This Hour: Let the dogs out and then back in. Turned down the bed and climbed under the covers.
Minutes Read This Hour: 34.5
Total Time Read: 9 hours 14 minutes
Pages Read This Hour: 39
Total Pages Read: 587
Total Books Finished: 2
How I'm Feeling: My eyes are on fire! Time to take out the contacts.


Hour 20:

Current Stats 
Currently Reading: Acts of Contrition by Jennifer Handford (currently on page 199 of 341).
Snacks Eaten This Hour: Back to just water again.
Other Things Accomplished This Hour: Took contacts out, bathroom break, brushed teeth.
Minutes Read This Hour: 51
Total Time Read: 10 hours 5 minutes
Pages Read This Hour: 77
Total Pages Read: 664
Total Books Finished: 2
How I'm Feeling: A little bit sleepy.


Hour 21:

Current Stats 
Currently Reading: Acts of Contrition by Jennifer Handsford (currently on page 215 of 341).
Snacks Eaten This Hour: Blech. Food just sounds gross.
Other Things Accomplished This Hour: Took a little cat nap.
Minutes Read This Hour: 14.5
Total Time Read: 10 hours 19 1/2 minutes
Pages Read This Hour: 16
Total Pages Read: 680
Total Books Finished: 2
How I'm Feeling: Aw crap. Should I just go to bed?


Hour 22:

Current Stats 
Currently Reading: Acts of Contrition by Jennifer Handsford (currently on page 269 of 341).
Snacks Eaten This Hour: Too tired to eat.
Other Things Accomplished This Hour: Crapped out at the end.
Minutes Read This Hour: 40
Total Time Read: 10 hours 59 1/2 minutes
Pages Read This Hour: 54
Total Pages Read: 734
Total Books Finished: 2
How I'm Feeling: Exhausted. Crapped out.


I made it so dang close. But apparently I just couldn't hack it. With two hours to go, I attempted to grab a twenty minute catnap, but just couldn't get myself motivated to go back to it. 

End of Event Meme:

1.Which hour was most daunting for you?

Apparently hour 23. I never made it through it. Bummer

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next year?

Honestly, all of my books were good. I just faded. 

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-Thon next year?

I thought it went rather well. I had fun and I think most people participating did as well

4. What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-Thon?

I like hanging out on Twitter and catching up a little with everyone at the ends/tops of the hours. I ran mine on TweetDeck so that I could see my regular feed, any personal notifications, the thread for @readathon and #readathon.

5. How many books did you read?

I finished two books and got about 2/3rds through a third.

6. What were the names of the books you read?







7. Which book did you enjoy the most?

I think Acts of Contrition, which I'm currently reading, is my favorite of the three. You'd think I would've been able to tough it out and keep reading instead of falling asleep.

8. Which did you enjoy least?

That would have to be Blackbird by Melanie Schulz, which isn't really fair since I'm still planning on giving that one 4 out of 5 stars. I'm telling you...I totally lucked out with good books to read for this Read-a-Thon.

9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-Thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

Oh...there's no question. I'll be back in October. And I'll be reading again. But this time...hopefully I can make it the full 24 hours. I had a great time! I'm so glad I participated!

1 comment:

  1. My eyes are hurting too, but no contacts here. Time to listen again to my audiobook. :)

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips