Sunday, March 9, 2014

Summary Sunday: I Hate Being Sick Edition

Well...it's been an interesting week. Guess who got sick...again? Ugh. This time it's some sort of sinus disaster. Not my idea of a good time. I've spent the last three days (yes...my ENTIRE three day weekend) in bed. I'm pretty irritated by the fact that none of the craft projects I had planned are getting done - not to mention the fact that I now have to try and figure out how I'm going to rearrange my blog planner. Ah, the downside of trying to be organized.

Now I'm having an OCD breakdown over the fact that the planner is written in pen - PEN, people! - and it won't be accurate. Seriously. You have no idea how much that bothers me. I'd say that I'd go back and redo it and put it in pencil this time, but pencil bothers me too. All the smudgyness? That's not okay. There's just no winning.

So this week's Summary Sunday is going to be pretty short and sweet. Because I accomplished next to nothing. Again. It's getting old. Thank goodness I'm on the mend because there will have to be some SERIOUS crafting this week. That day off I have coming up on Wednesday? Ya...other than the glorious massage I have planned, there will be some sewing and paper crafts happening. Beware the typhoon of crafting that will occur!

Now...let's get down to brass tacks...

Posts I Posted : In terms of quantity, this week sucked. I only posted once. That's a low for 2014 thus far. I'm mildly ashamed. I should have at least tried to dig a draft out to throw on for you guys. But...I will say that the one post I did was a good one.

We celebrated my niece's birthday this week. She turned 3.

How adorable is this little princess?
We went out as a family and she whooped us all at bowling. I'm not kidding. The kiddo scored 117 and beat the other six of us. Okay...so she had a little bit of help in the bowling ramp, but still.

Anyway, I made her birthday present and it ended up being the only post that made it on the blog this week. Thank goodness that project was a cute one. In fact, this may be one of my most favorite projects ever. I give you...Barnyard Hand Puppets.


Seriously, these were so much fun to make. I didn't even have to curse at the sewing machine once. That has to be a record. I'm currently drawing up plans for some additional hand puppet ideas. They'll probably debut sometime in the late fall (Miss M turns 4 in November). We shall see...I may not be able to restrain myself for that long.

Books I Read: This is the category where being sick actually paid off. I am ON TRACK with my Goodreads goal for 2014. Not only am I on track, but the books I finished this week will both be in the running for 2014 Book of the Year. Color me amazed! Let's see how long I can hold on to that one.

I finished two good books this week and I'm currently in the middle of what I think will be another winner. I completed Rapture by Lauren Kate, which was really good except for one flaw that almost made me quit the book altogether. I'm glad I stuck it out because this fourth book in the Fallen series actually ended up being better for me than either the second or third.

Speaking of series books, I also read Where She Went by Gayle Forman. It's the sequel to If I Stay, which I read back in 2012 (and apparently never finished reviewing on Goodreads. Oops.) Well, here's the thing. I really enjoyed If I Stay. But...I liked Where She Went better. That is super rare for me on a series book. I think I just enjoyed Adam's character a lot. Plus, I think being sick put me in more of an emo-type place, so his angst totally worked for me. Whatever the reason, I LOVED this book.

And now...well, now I'm reading Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. So far, I really like it. I'm expecting that it will be finished quickly. Last night I only gave it up because my Nook was running out of battery power and (thanks to the time change) it was 3 a.m. Ya...a little later than I planned on, but my schedule is all messed up with all of the sleeping I've been doing over the last few days. It's going to make going to work tomorrow at 8 a.m. just that much harder.

Recipes I Tried: It was a week of easy meals at our place. Monday night was burritos. No, not frozen ones...I actually made them. Tuesday night was Darian's favorite, Waikiki Meatballs. I should probably share that recipe at some point. They're delicious and super easy to make. Wednesday...hmm...what did we have Wednesday. Oh! I lied. Wednesday was Waikiki Meatballs. On Tuesday night, Collin made Alphabet Noodles and used up all of the cheese, so I couldn't make the nachos I had originally planned for Wednesday. (We're still obnoxiously out of cheese.) In case you're wondering, Alphabet Noodles are really just a homemade version of Spaghetti-O's. They're not that fancy. But it's nice when he cooks, because it means I don't have to. After that, it's just been leftovers and eating out. We had pizza at Miss A's party and then I've been sick. Collin picked me up some Costco chicken noodle soup yesterday and that was lovely.

Projects I Worked On/Finished: Well other than the aforementioned Barnyard Hand Puppets, nothing got finished. I'm really quite bummed about that. However, I did (with Collin's help) make some progress on the crop room. You can actually see both the table top and the carpet now. It's just this side of a miracle. Now the real work begins. I had Collin drag my paper racks into the garage so I can get them sold and have some money to put towards new cabinetry. I'm in the midst of trying to figure out exactly what I want in there. I think Collin is on to something though, he suggested a table top on the western wall that would eliminate the sewing machine cord from the floor (which would be awesome) and maybe a couch under the window to make it a little cozy. He also suggested a larger TV. I'm totally down for that one. We'll see what happens. I can tell you that the project will not be finished this month as I had originally hoped. The dead heater has seen to that. Stupid money pit of a house.

Favorite Pin of the Week: I'm a little sad to say that not a lot of pinning happened this week. For all the time I spent at home, not much of it was surfing the web. Shocking, I know. And so I have to go a little less classy than I had hoped for my favorite pin this week. Less classy, but hilarious. And I'll apologize beforehand because this pin is just a picture, it doesn't really go to the source. So you just get the link to my actual Pinterest pin for the most awesome coasters ever.

Ya...I laughed out loud at these. I particularly like the top left one.
So hopefully next week goes a little more impressively than this one. It's been a sad start to March. I need to get myself back on track and at least do a few things that apply to the theme.

I also need to get on the ball and start preparing for my April posts. That month is going to be interesting. I'll be starting the A-to-Z Challenge on April 1st, which will end up requiring a post every. single. day. of the month thanks to Summary Sundays.


I'm a little scared.  The good news is that there will be a crafting post on every day that month. The bad news is that I need to get photos organized and remake a couple of projects that are missing photos before April 1st hits. It's going to be a LOT of work. No more time for being sick! Let's get this crafting show on the road!

So much for being short and sweet. Apparently, if you coop me up for too long I can't stop myself from rambling. Maybe I can channel all this new found energy into something productive in the next few hours. Here's hoping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips