Sunday, July 7, 2013

2013 Summer Lovin' Read-a-Thon: We Go Together

Today is graduation day...a week of dedication to reading. It has been so much fun participating in the Summer Lovin' Read-a-Thon. I can't wait to do it again.

I met my goal of finishing three books and catching up on my Goodreads 2013 Reading Challenge. Yay!!! I'm so glad. For a while there I wasn't sure I was going to make it. Life of Pi nearly sucked the life out of me. But in the end, I did it. I finished 3 books this week and I may finish a 4th before graduation day is out. As of right now, I've finished the following:



1. Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin : 4 out of 5 stars
2. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen : 4 out of 5 stars
3. Life of Pi by Yann Martel : 2 out of 5 stars

I also found a lot of great books this week thanks to the readings, reviews and suggestions of my fellow read-a-thoners. I found some great bloggers to follow and have now plumped up my Feedly list with book blogs. My "to read" list is swelling even larger...I still think that's a good thing. Variety is the spice of life, right?

As for Darian, he really tried to stick it out for the 24 hour read-a-thon marathon, but the poor guy just couldn't do it. He passed out a couple of hours ago, but not before he met his goal. He did finish his book, The Magician by Michael Scott and he is currently working on the next book in the series, The Sorceress. He's still a few books behind on his 2013 Goodreads Reading Challenge, but as he tells me..."I'll catch up shortly." The kid cracks me up.

We'll still be doing some reading over the next 24 hours (me more than him) and there may be one more post yet to come...we'll see. Either way, it's been a blast and I've very much enjoyed the challenge. I will most certainly be back for Read-a-Thon Central's Winter Wishes read-a-thon. In fact, I may find myself another read-a-thon before then. I think I might be a bit addicted...

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the both of you. :D My little brother also wanted to read Michael Scott's series, but has only read the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'll have to take your word for Life of Pi. Some of my friends recommended it to me but I just don't feel the pull towards the book. Congratz by the way.

    Thoughts and Pens

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seriously makes me warm and fuzzy to see that Darian enjoys reading so much and that the two of you did this together!

    Thank you both a thousand times for participating!

    -Octavia of Read. Sleep. Repeat. and a Pink Lady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I was also able to get caught up on my goodreads challenge - actually, I'm now one book ahead of schedule :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for catching up! I've heard Sarah Dessen is amazing.
    It's so precious that your stepson is so into reading. My kids are too - can't wait til they are old enough to get on Goodreads and we can compete on our yearly challenges haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice I Have Been such a beautiful cover! It's on my TBR list and hopefully I can get to it sometime this summer. Yay on catching up on your GR challenge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, Congrats on your goals. A second, a huge congrats and bravo for finishing Life of Pi..sometimes books like that are the worse to finish.


    I read Along for the Ride during this read-a-thon too! We're book buddies, haha! And I loved it!
    Jenn @ Book Beats

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips