Thursday, August 1, 2013

Checking In...To Give You Some Things to Check Out

So...I have good news and I have bad news...

The good news is that I have been totally crafting up a storm. The bad news? You don't get to see any of it yet. I've been working on a pile of projects in preparation for my wedding next month. Holy crap...seriously...NEXT month. I have so much to do!

I've been traveling the internets in search of good ideas and have come across more than I bargained for. In addition to finding great DIY ideas and other genius for my wedding, I've come across some good books, some great blogs, and learned that you can totally spend all of your time finding wedding ideas on Pinterest instead of actually getting your projects done. Beware.

I decided that the least I could do is to share some awesome things that I've come across over the last couple of months. Because we should all try new things and enjoy them.

Ready for randomness? Because my wedding will be on the 13th of September (and because 25 turned out to be far too much work), here are:

13 New Things

1. ReStore

Do you have one of these? Because seriously...awesome. ReStore is quite possibly a DIYer's heaven.

What is ReStore? Well...direct from their website:

"Habitat for Humanity ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, home accessories, building materials, and appliances to the public at a fraction of the retail price.  Habitat for Humanity ReStores are proudly owned and operated by local Habitat for Humanity affiliates, and proceeds are used to build homes, community, and hope locally and around the world."

What does it mean for you? Well...if you're like me, it means a cart full of random wood pieces, some tile and supplies for projects that will totally keep me in craft heaven for a while. And all for $25!

2. Ben & Jerry's Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream

.

Okay...umm...yum. Collin brought this home for me the other night while I was in the midst of invitation creation. It is fantastic! I could totally go for a diet solely of this product. Mmm...

3. - 11. New Blogs!

I am a connoisseur of blogs. I love them. I love reading the brilliance that comes out of the minds of others. Sometimes it's a bad thing...as I frequently end up with hundreds of unread blog posts in my Feedly (which BTW is my blog reader of choice since Google Reader went adios). Most of the time though, it's just awesome. I find new ideas, new crafts to try, new recipes to make, and new books to read.

If you're on the lookout for some awesome blogs to read, I keep a blog roll of my favorites over there. -->

To make things even easier though, here are a few that I have come across in the last couple of months thanks to the Summer Lovin Read-a-Thon and the search feature on Pinterest.


and most recently...thanks to her posting of a comment right here on my own blog...

All of these bloggers have great ideas and great are super fun to read. Creative minds. Ah, I love them.

12. A Hilarious Video

Last week I went to a conference for work. Yup...snooze... But the presenter for my pharmacology lecture was not too shabby and had a pretty good sense of humor. The best part of the day? He played this video for us...I felt the need to share...


13. New Job Opportunities

Are you looking for a new occupation possibility? I have recently discovered a career path I didn't think existed. It's only right that I share my enlightenment with you.


In case you're confused at what you're seeing...yup...it says "certified equine massage therapist"...as in horse. So, if you're looking to have a romantic evening with your pony, maybe you can go ahead and schedule up a nice couple's massage.

Hope you found a few good things in here. At very least go check out one of those fun blogs. As for me, I'm off to have a nice snack of AmeriCone Dream (which I found tucked in the freezer this morning -- Collin must have picked me up some more at some point). Ta ta!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips