Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Homemade Vanilla Sugar Body Scrub


Okay...are you ready for about the easiest homemade project ever? Because I have it for you. And guess what? It's wonderful. Seriously. If you're like me and the girls I work with and you're addicted to Bath & Body Works, this is totally for you. It's yummy. Okay...well...not to eat. I mean, I'm sure you could eat it, but I don't know how good it would taste. And no, I will not test it for you. What I meant is that it makes your skin feel nice and smooth while also smelling like a nice batch of freshly baked cookies. Who doesn't want that?

Aren't you so glad I'm back to projects and you can suffer through my endless rambling?

So...anyway...the easy project. Ya. You're going to need a small handful of ingredients :


- Glass jars (I used 8 oz. cutsey jars that I got from Cost Plus World Market. I love their stuff. It's awesome.)

- White granulated sugar

- Brown sugar (I used golden brown, but you can use dark or light as well.)

- Olive oil (I used a canola/olive oil blend. It worked just fine.)

- Vanilla extract (Natural or imitation. Natural does have a stronger, lingering scent, but the imitation does well, too.)

And here's how you make it :

1. Mix equal parts of your sugars in each jar. I used 2 cups of each for the 8 oz. jars.


2. Add enough of the oil to cover the sugar completely and leave a small amount on the surface (~1/2-1").

3. Allow the oil to settle slightly for 3-5 minutes.

4. Stir the mixture and check the consistency to make sure you have enough oil. It should be granular with a little bit of slickness to it. You don't want a liquid. Think wet sand at the beach.

5. Add 1 tbsp. of vanilla. (You'll need to adjust this amount based on the size of your jar.) Mix the vanilla into the sugar mix until evenly distributed.


*** You can use other extracts in place of vanilla (i.e. almond, peppermint, etc.) or for a little more cash, you can use essential oils.

I then made up little labels to attach to each jar, including directions on how to use it.



 

Tada! Super easy, pamper me craft. Something simple that gives you a little mini spa day at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips