Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pumpkin Preview #4 - I Hate Your Guts

Today was the big day. The day I've kind of been dreading. Today....the pumpkins got gutted.


I started with 23 pumpkins needing opened. A slightly daunting task...I'm not going to lie.


A short trip to the office to gather some vital tools and I assembled my arsenal. (The picture is lacking the most important tool...the ice cream scooper.

And then...at 11:30...it was down to business...


By the time the football game started at 1:30, I had learned three things. #1 - I just might be able to finish this.  #2 - My freaking thumb hurt. I have a nice purple spot on it and Collin thinks I may have pulled a tendon. #3 - Painting before carving was a horrible idea. I had paint all over my hands and I will have to touch up virtually everything. Lame.


At the end of the production, I had filled three kitchen garbage bags with pumpkin guts, gathered enough additional guts/seeds to plant some pumpkins in our garden for next year, and had a nice bowl of seeds for roasting.


With Patti's help, all 23 pumpkins were gutted by 6 pm. Awesome. So glad that part is over.


And now...I will reward myself with a beer and a cupcake. Score.

This post is part of a series. To read the other posts, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips