Monday, September 24, 2012

And It Begins Again...

It's September people. Late September. Do you realize what this means? As of now...there are three months until Christmas. It's time to start planning.

You may remember that last year I busted out 40 homemade projects for Christmas and documented them in my Christmas Project Countdown. I also vowed that I would plan ahead better this year so that everything didn't come down to the wire. We'll see how this plan works out.

So...I am currently in the planning stages. I'm getting my list together to figure out what I'm making and for whom. I also have another big project in the works. Miss M's birthday is coming up in a little over a month and her birthday present is currently at a standstill. I have one part to track down in order to continue and, being the cheap frugal person that I am, I am looking for a good deal on it. I'm hoping to have it locked down by the end of this week so that I can really get to work.

In the meantime, I have been working on some actual projects. I grabbed the dulled out and very dirty garden bench from my front yard and gave it a makeover. It is now washed, sanded and restained...once again looking pretty next to the front step.

Collin and I also found a major score during one of our thrift store shopping trips. He's been needing some end tables for his reception area for quite some time. We've been looking around, but couldn't find anything we liked for less than about $65 per table. Nope. Too much for us. But...we happened upon some "gently used" tables at the local Goodwill. We grabbed the pair for $14. Yup. $14. We then got some burgundy stain, sanded the crap out of them and refinished them. They look pretty good. He took them to the office tonight. I'd show you pictures, but I forgot to take some -- of the tables or the bench. I guess I just got wrapped up in the projects. I'm pretty proud of the fact that we just finished off his reception area for a grand total of about $20. Not too shabby.

I've also been cooking and reading up a storm. I was actually going to do a book review tonight (since I'm about 10 behind), but I just wanted to ramble instead. So here you go. Success!

And now...I'm going back to my planning. The countdown officially begins...NOW!

(Ah...I also forgot to mention that planning for this year's Halloween extravaganza has begun. Collin and I are attempting to whittle down our ideas to decide on this year's pumpkin plans...We have a lot to live up to after last year.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips