Friday, May 11, 2012

Project Life Week 3: This Year Needs to Stop Going By So Fast

I have been in a serious funk lately. Scrapbooking has totally not been my thing. I've been avoiding Project Life for weeks. The only thing I have done is I've kept up on my Project Life Planner. Thank goodness.

So we're going to take a little trip down (recent) memory lane. Yup. That's right. Moving right along, here comes week 3 of Project Life 2012. I am seriously rolling my eyes at this right now. Just pathetic. January? Really? Embarrassing.

Anyway...


It was a dry, dry winter around here. The temperatures were really warm and we weren't getting any snow. In fact, our first snow of the season fell in the 3rd week of January. It was strange.


And...of course it snowed while Collin was out of town at the mine, leaving me with the little 2WD Ranger. I had to move the heavy sandbags into the back of the truck to try and get some weight for traction. It doesn't do so hot on icy roads.

On the upside, I got some pictures of the snow before it quickly melted the next day. And that was it...our brief glimpse of winter. Not much snow after that.


We celebrated Miss K's second birthday and I took the pictures at the party so that Patti could actually enjoy herself. Collin was his usual goofy self, wearing the Minnie ears like a good sport.It was really fun. K is so cute with her little friends.  It's been really fun watching her grow up. She's getting to be such a big girl. She calls me Auntie now...asking Patti if it's me on the phone when I send her a text. So cute. I love it.

My fancy recumbent bike showed up and Collin put it together for me. The rheumatologist told me to get one and suggested that I bike at least 10 minutes (preferably 15-20) per day five days a week. She says that it will get the neurotransmitters flowing and may help me get more energy and feel less pain. I honestly thought it was bunk...but guess what? It really does work. I can tell that I do better when I bike. Less fatigue, less pain. It's kind of nice.

I've taken to going downstairs with my iPhone or latest book and reading or playing games for 10-15 minutes while I bike (I do occasionally do 20 minutes). I need to be better about it though...I typically only get it accomplished around three times a week. It's a work in progress. Maybe it can help me get out of this funk. I need to be productive again. All of these partially finished projects floating around are driving me crazy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips