Saturday, May 26, 2012

Darian's BOTY: The Call of the Wild by Jack London

Darian has gotten himself ungrounded from the blog and is working to catch up on his book reviews. Since I have yet to be able to catch up on mine, I'm taking advantage and using his posts to plug some holes. I'll be back tomorrow. In the meantime, here's another post by soon-to-be 10 year old Darian. As a reminder, all of the words from this point forward are his - I am merely his stenographer...


The Call of the Wild by Jack London is about a dog named Buck who is transformed when he becomes a sled dog in Alaska. Buck faces many hardships and tragedies, such as being kidnapped. This will bring you through the harsh coldness of Alaska and some of Buck's life.

The genre of this book is realistic fiction. I gave this book 5 stars because it was an awesome book. I liked everything about this book. What made this a really good book was how it was put together and put in order. It felt like it had really happened. Another reason why I really liked it was because it just drags you in and makes you feel like you're sad for Buck and at some times you felt happy for Buck.

This book was so good that there wasn't anything that I didn't like about it. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes survival stories.

This is my ninth book of the year. See you next post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips