Sunday, December 11, 2011

Summary Sunday - Gallbladder Edition

It was a shorter week at work this week due to Collin's gallbladder surgery on Thursday morning. We spent 7 hours in the hospital - the majority of that waiting for Collin to burn off some morphine since he tended to like to slow his breathing down too much while he was on it. He came through like a trooper though and he's been doing rather well with his recovery (even though he was a whiny baby about the 24 hours that he was on a "clear liquid" diet).

Here's the morphine lover pre-op
So with Collin doped up and lounging on the couch, it's been a somewhat relaxing weekend. I've been spending time getting a little crafting accomplished - although I did change my original plans since I've been spending a lot of the time in the living room with him. This has meant a nice reprieve for the sewing machine, but leaves a lot for next week.

Still...I think I'm doing quite well...


I have to say, it's feeling a little better now that the tally is a little higher. With 13 days remaining, I have just as many projects left. At least I'm breaking even. I have 4 of the "smaller" projects remaining along with 5 medium and the 4 big ones for this year. It promises to be another crazy week for the sewing machine.

This week was pretty productive :

Recipes I Used : We were lucky enough to have dinner brought over by one of Collin's coworkers last night. It was delicious and we've been eating off of the leftovers all day today. I did the cooking for the rest of the week and did manage to try two new recipes along with one old standby.

On Monday we had Patti's Peachy BBQ Wings in the CrockPot. I slightly tweaked the recipe since I forgot about the ground mustard, but they were delicious and both Collin & Darian approved highly. In fact, Darian was thrilled to be able to have leftovers later in the week so he could devour the remainder.

Patti's Peachy BBQ Wings

1 -1 1/2 lb. chicken wings (I used boneless skinless breasts)
1 c. BBQ sauce
1/2 c. apricot preserves
1 tbsp. ground mustard

Chuck all of that into the CrockPot and let it set for 6-8 hours.

On Tuesday, I made my beef stroganoff. It's a delicious recipe that I picked up in dental school and super easy to make.

Easy Beef Stroganoff

1 lb. ground beef          1/2 c. minced, chopped onion          1 garlic clove (may use garlic salt)
1/2 tsp. salt                 1/4 tsp. pepper                              1 small can mushrooms
1 c. sour cream             1 can cream of celery soup             2 c. cooked egg noodles.

Brown hamburger lightly. Pour off drippings. Season with salt and pepper. Add onions and mushrooms. Add undiluted cream of celery soup and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Add sour cream (do not boil). Serve over noodles.

See...easy! Plus, it's delicious. Both of the boys gobbled it right up.

Lastly, we tried out a recipe I found on Pinterest - Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta.


We liked it okay, but there was a little too much onion for me (Collin said it was fine) and Collin & I both agreed that it needs something to lighten the flavor a bit - it is a very heavy meal. I'm contemplating adding tomatoes for next time.

Books I Finished :  I finished up The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night. I was going to start my very first free book from Goodreads, but I decided that I had to continue the trilogy. I am now reading The Girl Who Played with Fire. Interesting side note, the trilogy was apparently published posthumously. Stieg Larsson is an amazing author. It's kind of disappointing to know that there won't be any new works.

Projects I Finished :  Well I can't share with you the ones I finished over the weekend, but I did share my fleece BSU hats that we wore to the game last weekend. Oh, and I also helped Katherine to finish the photo rag quilt she made for her Mom. Kat gave it to her today and apparently it made her cry. That's the sign of a job well done!

I took this photo from her Facebook page since I forgot to take final photos at the house.
I'll get back into the swing of finding fun stuff on the internet and fantastic blog posts once this Christmas craziness is over. I guess you'll all just have to suffer in silence until then.

Let the sewing resume...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips