Monday, May 7, 2012

Summary Monday: Couch Edition

I've been super lazy today. I'm not going to lie. It was a fun weekend, but I woke up this morning not feeling so hot. Thank goodness I didn't have to work today. I had a pile of plans for things I was going to accomplish. Instead, I got the dishwasher emptied and completed one load of laundry. *sigh*

At least I wasn't the only lazy one...
But I had to get a post finished. It's going to be a busy week and I have at least three other posts planned for the next couple of days.

Darian has a week full of field trips, so it's going to be fun for him, but busy for me. He'll be doing the regular zoo/museum field trip on Wednesday followed by their special two day field trip on Thursday/Friday. Not only does this mean getting things together in order to pack him up for an overnight stay, I have two sack lunches and a sack dinner to prepare. I'm going to have to get creative...especially since...it's time to go shopping again.

Remember that big shopping run I did back at the end of January? Well, it has lasted until now...a full five weeks longer than the original plan. Some of this was due to eating out and some due to using leftovers, but a lot of it had to do with simply using my stash more creatively. Including that trip, groceries for the last three and a half months have ended up costing us about $600 (after adding up the produce, dairy and extra cereal stocking up I did during that time). It works out to about $175 per month or $40/week. But all good things must come to an end. So...I'll be spending a good chunk of time this week prepping for my next run. I'm not sure when I'm going to hit the store, since I'm working Friday. I have a bad feeling that it will have to be Saturday, since Collin will be working on Friday night. I will definitely need two people for cart wrangling.

I'm getting nervous about it now. Let's not talk about it any more. Instead, here's what happened last week:

Posts I PostedI started off a lot stronger than the week before, but quickly petered into nothingness as Collin's mom came into town and we spent a lot of time hanging out together, celebrating her birthday and preemptively celebrating Mothers' Day. Before I disappeared, I posted a crazy, rambling post from my phone about my badly behaving dogs, as well as two book reviews. I warned you about the drudgery of Girls in White Dresses. Don't be suckered in by the cute cover. Remember how that worked out with Lift? I also played compromise with my rating of the clever, but complicated Ella Minnow Pea.


Books I Read: I finished reading Philippa Gregory's The Lady of the Rivers, her third book in her Cousins' War series. I really enjoyed it. Its review will be one of this week's posts. I think I might also have to update the bracket with that post. But before I get to that, I will be reviewing (drum roll please) Jenny Lawson's Let's Pretend this Never Happened. I am still giddy about this one. I am currently reading The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty.

Recipes I Tried: I made Crockpot Pineapple Chicken. Not too shabby. The best part? It took me all of 5 minutes to throw in the pot. Very little prep required. I also revisited Peanut Sesame Noodles and Cheap Korean Beef. Total prep time for both of those recipes done together: about 20 minutes. Yay for easy. I made some pretty darned good chocolate/butterscotch pancakes, but forgot to take pictures. So...I guess I'll be making those again. I'm sure Darian will have a good cry over that one. They were delicious. I paired them with some crack bacon. Not the healthiest dinner we've ever eaten.

There. I have done my duty for the day. I'm going to go see if I can get my second load of laundry in the dryer. After that I think it might be some iPhone gaming and a little more reading before bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips