Sunday, December 15, 2019

A Late December TBR

I appear to be riding the December strugglebus. I'm balancing "normal" life with Christmas shopping, holiday fun with the family, and a project I'm working on for the new year (which I will be sharing in early January).

I've also been attempting to stay warm while winter rears its ugly head. I'm already sick of snow...not a great attitude to have when we likely won't thaw out until nearly April. Ugh.

Believe it or not, there still has been some reading occurring. I'm loosely participating in a couple of reading activities, but I'm not full-fledged diving in to any read-a-thons this month. There's just too much going on this time of year for me to try and organize myself enough to make that happen. Also, I have some ARCs that I would really like to finish up this month so that I can start next year's reading with a somewhat clean slate and little to no ARC backlist.

That being said...here's my plan for this month (including the books I've already completed thus far).

Print/E-Books

  

I have already finished these first three. All a bit of magical realism with the first one being more of a Chick Lit and the second two being more mystery, they all rated pretty well...you'll see them in December's wrap up in early January, but you can see my reviews now on Goodreads.

 

I finished Athena's Choice a couple of days ago and am now about halfway through Nevernight. Nevernight is a bit of a longer, slow burn fantasy novel, so it's taking me a little while. I'm hoping to finish it in the next 3-4 days. That will leave me with about 10 days of the month remaining.

 

Typically, I finish a print read in about 3 days. This means that I can realistically plan to finish Finding Henry Applebee, The Curious Heart of Ailsa Rae, and The Memory Thief before the end of the month with little struggle. That will leave me with 4 ARCs that I had hoped to finish before the end of the year.

 

If by any miracle I finish Nevernight sooner, then I may also be able to check Dorothy in the Land of Monsters off the list. This one is also a chunker, at nearly 450 pages. So...Ivory Apples, Nameless Queen, and The Patron Saint of Pregnant Girls will likely be rolling over into January 2020.


My last print read is Frostheart by Jamie Littler. I'm buddy reading this with my 9-year-old niece and we are almost half way through. We're reading a couple of chapters a day and then doing a FaceTime chapter read and discussion about once a week. I'm hoping we'll finish it by the end of the year. She has told me I'm not supposed to read ahead, but I may have to...just to make myself feel like all loose ends are tied up by the end of the year.


Audiobooks

   

I've also already finished my first three audiobooks. All three middle grade reads that I ended up picking up following Believathon last month. I am just finding myself loving middle grade and they make for wonderful audiobooks...especially in the car.

 

Right now I'm listening to Meg Cabot's No Judgements. This is a Chick Lit novel. I used to love Meg Cabot and read her quite a bit in college, but I'm not really feeling this one yet. It may not be a comfortable genre for me anymore or it may just be a factor of listening to the audio instead of actually reading it. We'll see...I'm only about an hour in.


I'm on the hold list for a couple of other audios, so it's a little up in the air as to what I'll be listening to once I finish No Judgments. However, I'm hoping to get to The Alice Network in addition to the final two books in the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan.

So...there you have it. Hopefully I can clear off some of my ARC list and get things all ready to roll for 2020. Since I already (spoiler) have my TBR set for 2020, I'm trying to prevent having too many things bleed over into the new year. Wish me luck!

What are you reading? Do you have any end-of-the-year reading plans? Are you crazy like me and have already started planning your reading for 2020?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips