Tuesday, January 7, 2020

January 2020 TBR

Welcome to the new decade! It's a really fun part of the year for reading...it's when I get to check in on all of the stats from last year, set my goals for the new year, find a bunch of fun new reading challenges, and complete my BOTY bracket to find the prior year's best book of the year!

There's a lot of work to be done for posts to wrap up last year and get going on this year, so let's start with a simple one as I wake myself up out of the holiday haze. January's TBR pile!

If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen a post of my new bookish bullet journal (more to come about that in future posts) that featured this month's TBR. Now let's take a closer look at the reads I have on my schedule for January.

Already Finished

The Alice Network by Kate Quinn was my first read of 2020 and it was a great one! It had been recommended to me by my friend Patti last year and I took forever finally getting to it. A historical fiction novel about female spies during WWI, it was so incredibly good and I wound up giving it 5 stars. It was the perfect start to the new year and got my reading off on the right foot.


Currently Reading


I am currently physically reading The Curious Heart of Ailsa Rae by Stephanie Butland, buddy reading Frostheart by Jamie Littler with my niece, and listening to The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan. My buddy read will probably take a while, but I'm hoping to finish the other two during Bout of Books (taking place right now!). In fact, I'm hoping to finish both of them by tomorrow.

Coming Soon...


Circling the Sun by Paula McLain is on deck as my next read. It will fulfill my prompts for both my Monthly Motif and Monthly Keyword challenges for the month of January. I'll be listening to this one on audio.


My upcoming print reads are a pile of highly anticipated ARCs. I'm very excited to get to these and have high hopes for them (I'm anticipating at least 2 five-star reads and probably at least 3 four-star reads.


The Will and the Wilds is probably the one I'm most excited for. I love Charlie N. Holmberg's books...this will be the fifth novel I've read from her. Follow Me to Ground by Sue Rainsford is also highly anticipated and has been chosen to be the first read for Jenny Lawson's (The Bloggess) new Fantastic Strangelings Book Club. Obviously, this announcement didn't hurt to pump up my interest.


The final book on my list, The Girl Who Stole an Elephant by Nizrana Farook, is the pick for the Middle Grade Monthly book club. It is currently on its way to me from Amazon and I'm not sure I'll finish it in time, but I'll be reading it nonetheless. The plan on my middle grade reads is to pass some of them on to my niece when I'm done or purchase her an additional copy so that we can buddy read them together. It'll be an experiment for 2020.

There will likely be another audiobook or two tossed in before the month ends, but these are the books I know I want to try and get to. I'll be tracking my TBR success this year to see how well I'm planning. I typically put too many choices on my plate, but tracking this will help me to fine tune for next year's plans and ARC requests.

What are you reading this month?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips