Sunday, April 29, 2018

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon: Part III

Well...definitely not my finest read-a-thon showing, but I did finally get some reading in last night before heading to bed. I tried to balance my reading with the need for sleep, but still think I failed miserably. Why? Because I tossed and turned all night. Lesson to be learned? I should have just kept reading. :)


Closing Survey :

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

I'm not sure I had a most daunting hour this time. I just wish that there had been more hours in the day...or that I had someone to watch the boy while I skipped out for a bit of me time.


2. Tell us ALLLLL the books you read!


I managed to finish 1 book. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente was a decent read and a good read-a-thon pick. I wish I had the other books in the series at my disposal...I'll have to keep an eye out for them.


3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?

The good news is that I would actually recommend the one book I read. I ended up giving it 4-stars. It's certainly a different type of read, but I enjoyed its quirkiness.


4. What's a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you smile?

I've always been a fan of the Twitter chats put on by Bout of Books. Though it may be a bit more challenging for a 24-hour read-a-thon than a week long read-a-thon, I still think a Twitter chat would be something that could be great fun. I'm honestly more likely to participate in that than in the mini-challenges. Though I have to say, I think next time I'll have to take more stock in participating in the Instagram challenge. I noticed it a bit late, but it could be a bit of fun.


5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep?

Oh, I'll definitely be participating again. I'm hoping to revamp my read-a-thon approach by the October RAT, though I'll likely have a 19-month-old and a 4-month-old in tow unless Gary's work schedule gets altered for that weekend. (That would be amazingly fantastic.)

I'm not likely to prove much help in the organization and prep categories this next time round. I'm lucky enough just to get myself organized. And let's be honest, even that has a pretty loose description around here.


Thanks for the fun Dewey's! I'll be back at it again for the next round on October 20th, 2018!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips