Saturday, April 28, 2018

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon: Part I


One of my very favorite read-a-thons is today and I am finally able to sit down and participate. Gary's off working, so it's me and the boy at home today. He decided to take himself a bit of a late nap, so I'm taking advantage of some free time and doing a quick blog post before getting in a smidge of reading. Not my usual read-a-thon approach, but some is better than none!

In the spirit of a "normal" read-a-thon experience, I'm posting answers to the introductory survey for now. I'll be back this evening with a mid-event update and then again tomorrow with a wrap up. For further read-a-thon updates/involvements...head on over to my Instagram. I'll likely be putting a bit over there.


Warm Up Questions:


1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Akeley, Minnesota...about 2 hours from the Canadian border. It's nice outside, so maybe later this evening I'll be able to do some reading on the porch, but right now I'm camped out in the living room on the couch.

2. Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

A change from my usual plans, I didn't do a stack this time. Instead, I'm flying by the seat of my pants. The Nook is loaded with options, so we'll just see what happens.

I'm currently reading The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente.




3. Which snack are you most looking forward to?

There wasn't a lot of prep this time, so I'm more or less winging it. I'm sure I'll scavenge through the pantry at some point. I'm leaning toward the likelihood of Hostess products, most likely the Chocodiles that will strike my fancy later. Right now, however, I'm contemplating a peanut butter and Nutella sandwich.


4. Tell us a little something about yourself!

I live on a small farm in the middle of nowhere and I'm lucky enough to be able to be a stay-a-home mom. I have a 13-month-old son with a second boy due in June.

We raise Belted Galloway (Oreo) beef cattle and Berkshire pigs. It's an interesting life... We currently have a bottle calf living in our basement at night. She spends her days in a temporarily fenced section of the back yard just outside the basement door.


5. If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what is one thing you'll do different today

I used to have a pretty reading hefty read-a-thon schedule. That has changed since the little guy is now very mobile and energetic. In fact, I'm at home with the 1-year-old on my own until dinner time, so I'm not likely to get much reading done until the evening hours. He tends to be a bit of a busy bee.

My posting will also be different. I won't be using the same style of tracker or setting quite the lofty goals for myself. I'll likely be doing three blog posts along the way. Otherwise, I may be spending the majority of my social media read-a-thon time on Instagram. We'll see how it goes!

Now...I'm going to grab a snack and get reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips