Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Bout of Books 21 Wrap Up & Other Updates...

Bout of Books

I have returned from my vacation and settled back into some kind of a "normal" routine. I'll be quick to admit that this normal isn't always the most productive. I've found that, even though second trimester does give back a bit of energy, being pregnant and chasing after a newly mobile 10-month-old all day tends to exhaust me on a regular basis. The boy, in the meantime, is relentless. He has escaped my attempt at "baby jail" and roams the floor relentlessly. 

Add caption

He has taken to making a beeline for the pets' water dish, so I've had to relocate it to the kitchen counter when he's toddling about. It only took him dumping the entire thing out four or five times before I finally made that adjustment. What can I say, I'm quick.

Luckily, he does allow me some form of a nap period every day (anywhere between 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 hours) to get some of my crap together. It's the only way this house doesn't descend completely into chaos during the day.

Before I left, I mentioned that I would still be somewhat participating in Bout of Books 21, despite my absence. I made these rather lackluster goals before escaping town:

Read-a-Thon Goals

1. Read at least 3 out of the 7 days.
2. Read for a total of at least 90 minutes.
3. Read at least 100 pages.
4. Complete at least 1 book.

I'm happy to say that I squashed those goals just fine. In fact, I managed to complete goals 2-4 during the plane trip out. It's not anything magical or astounding, but at least I made some progress, right?

So...what's next?

I've been working on updating my reading challenge pages and it's a job that's nearly done. In the upcoming days, I'll be posting a new 101 in 1001 as well as listing the read-a-thons I plan on taking part in for the remainder of 2018.

And then...it's time for the challenge!


For the past few years, I've posted my Book of the Year Bracket Challenge as a means of sharing my favorite read from the prior year. And this year...it's back! I'll be getting it underway in the next couple of days. Want to join me? Stay tuned for my introductory post, where I'll be providing access to some blank brackets for your own use.

I read a good smattering of books in 2017. I'm looking forward to the head-to-head competition this challenge allows. It's always fun for me and sometimes yields some unexpected and interesting literary face-offs. I'm excited to see what book comes out as the proud winner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips