Saturday, October 21, 2017

Dewey's 10th Anniversary 24-Hour Read-a-Thon: Hours 7-12


Read-a-Thon Hour : Beginning hour 13
Local Time : Just before 7:00pm


Time Read Since Last Update: 49 minutes
Total Time Spent Reading : 188 minutes

Pages Read Since Last Update : 32 pages
Total Pages Read : 154 pages

This was not a very productive session, but it was also the one I was expecting would yield the lowest numbers. My little co-reader was a busy kiddo, so there was lots of hangout time rather than reading time. All good.



Books Completed Since Last Update : 0
Total Books Finished : 0

Brecken Books Completed Since Last Update : 4
Total Brecken Books : 6


Completed Books with Brecken :






Currently Reading :



My reading of the group read for the RIP XII read-a-thon/challenge continues. I'm getting close to finishing, so I should be able to begin book number two in the next round.


Mini-Challenges Completed :
Opening Survey

Thrills & Chills
 Dewey's Crossword Puzzle


Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?

I am **this** close to finishing Slade House. It's been really good.



2. How many books have you read so far?

I have not finished any of my own books yet. However, I have finished reading six children's books with Brecken.


3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-Thon?

I'm not sure I'll get to it, but pinch hitting for book number three is Turtles All the Way Down by John Green. I happened to pick up a signed copy last night. It appears to be the read for this read-a-thon.


4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Ha! My life is interruptions. And today is just another day. We've done alright. I've been balancing housework and a sick baby along with my reading. It means I don't get as much devoted reading time, but it's still be quite nice to settle in with a book here and there.


5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-Thon, so far?

This has been a very different read-a-thon experience for me and I'm really liking it. I'm not getting as much reading done, but I'm doing more of the mini-challenges than usual and I'm enjoying keeping up with the group on Facebook. (I'm particularly liking that I'm stealing snack ideas for my next read-a-thon.)


How I'm Feeling :


A little flustered that I didn't even manage to eke out an hour's worth of reading. But...hopefully I can get somewhat back on track in the next section of hours.


Snacks Eaten :

"Lunch" (we're using the term loosely here) consisted of some grapes, 2 cheese sticks, and a few cups of tea.

Beyond that, I've been munching on Salted Caramel Oreo Thins, Strawberry Newtons, and a candy bowl of Chewy Sprees, Jelly Bellies, and Candy Corn. You know...healthy stuff.

Dinner is in the CrockPot and should balance out some of my unhealthy choices for the day. Beef stew is currently...stewing...with turnips, rutabagas, carrots, and kohlrabi. We're also planning some baked potatoes on the side.


Other Things Accomplished :

I made lunch, cleaned some carpet, got dinner in the CrockPot, downloaded Spotify to my Playstation for a little background music, and gave a feverish baby some Tylenol before he snuggled in for a nap. Then there was a lot of playing peek-a-boo and general messing around before he crashed out again for a short bit.



Overall Stats :

They're in different places than I necessarily expected, but look! I'm starting to amass a few checkmarks! Yay!

Onward!

How goes your read-a-thoning?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips