Thursday, June 1, 2017

Return to the Land of the Blogging...

Hey! Did you miss me? I've been slogging through the world of no sleep, late nights, and a new super cute snuggle buddy.


Those of you who follow me on Instagram or Facebook have already been somewhat inundated with pictures of this adorable little guy. But...for those of you who don't, here's an introduction.


Brecken Stephen was born a day before his due date on March 15th. He came into the world via an unplanned C-section after 15 hours of labor. Due to some issues with regulating his temperature and sugar levels, he was life-flighted to Children's Hospital in Fargo where he spent 5 days in the NICU. It was a fairly traumatic experience, but we were very lucky. Our little guy is a good and strong fighter and he was able to come home relatively quickly.

Since he's been home, he's put on weight like a champ. At 11 weeks old, he now weighs about 13 lbs. and is in the middle of the pack at a length of 23 1/4". As was the issue with his birth, he still sports a relatively monster noggin. He ranks in the 98th percentile for head circumference at a nice 16.5". But...studies have shown that kiddos with big heads end up being relatively smarter, so we'll take it. 


He's a fantastic baby and a very happy kid. We love him to bits. He keeps a pretty regular schedule, is a great traveler, and is growing a little personality all his own. He's a wonderful adventure.

Now that we've gotten ourselves fairly settled in and we've developed a good daily routine, I'm ready to get back in the swing of things. Before I disappeared, we were working on discovering my 2016 Book of the Year. We'll be finishing that off before moving on to other things. I'll continue to blog here about family life, crafts, and books.

However, I'm also starting a new adventure. We're growing our farm. The second blog that I mentioned a few months ago is under construction along with a website. The website is live and growing every day. I hope to get it and the farm blog fully functional within the next two weeks. I'm planning to try and blog here about twice a week and once over on the farm page. Stories about our farm and homesteading adventures, our animals, and other home projects will be featured over there. I'd love if some of you would like to join me. You can find us at Crooked Tree Ranch. Pay us a visit and stay tuned for some pretty great things.

Thanks for being such patient readers and supporters. I'm looking forward to this new chapter and exploring all of the possibilities that this new life is affording me. It's a pretty fantastic ride so far. I hope you'll be able to enjoy some of it with me. It's good to be back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips