Saturday, August 20, 2016

Bout of Books 17

Bout of Books

I'm still in the midst of updating my bajillion reading challenges, but it's time for an actual post again. Slowly but steadily I'm getting back into this writing thing.

What better way to return to blogging than by taking part in a read-a-thon?! Bout of Books is one of my favorites, and round number 17 just happens to start on Monday. I was a bit disappointed in myself to discover that I actually missed out on 2 different Bout of Books read-a-thons while I was on my little hiatus. But...I'm glad to be back and to be able to have some time to spend reading. School starts back up for me on Monday as well, so I will be doing both academic reading and reading just for fun. I'm taking two history classes and a psycholinguistics class this semester, so it should be quite the hodgepodge.

Never participated in/heard of Bout of Books? Here's the basic gist...
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It's a week long read-a-thon that begins at 12:01am on Monday, August 22nd and runs through Sunday, August 28th in whatever timezone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 17 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog
-From the Bout of Books team.
It's one of the most laid back read-a-thons around and the people involved are among my favorite. The Twitter chats (Monday at 8pm CST and Saturday at 10am CST) are always hilarious and it's just a good social event (especially for asocial introverts like myself).

I don't have my TBR pile assembled yet, but I'll have it all figured out before things get running on Monday morning. The weather next week looks to be pretty good and mild, so I might even be lucky enough to spend a couple of days out reading in the yard. I'm looking forward to a nice fun and relaxing reading week. I might even consider putting up the read-a-thon tent. We'll see. It will require some repair of the air mattress (letting Sadie join me for my last read-a-thon was apparently a bad idea), so it just depends on whether or not I feel like taking on that challenge.

I'll be doing update posts as I feel like it, but at least every other day. That means a starting post on Monday followed by updates on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday and then most likely a wrap up post on the following Monday or Tuesday.

If you haven't signed up yet and you are a reader of any kind...join in! You don't have to have a blog to participate. If you're on Twitter, it's just that simple. Just head over to the Bout of Books blog for the details and the signups.

I'll see you Monday. Happy reading!!

1 comment:

  1. Whee, so excited you'll be participating this time, Elle! BoB coincided with me returning from a surprise blogging hiatus as well, and it seemed too chill not to join in on. Come join in the fun on Twitter - it's where I'm most active these days. :)

    Also, fingers crossed for that readathon tent.

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips