Sunday, August 16, 2015

Bout of Books 14: Start Your Engines!


Tonight at midnight marks the start of Bout of Books 14! (I'm in the mountain time zone so I still have a couple hours until it's official over here.)

I finished up my summer courses with a seven hour streak of finals yesterday and now I have a week of relative down time before I start the serious craziness that will be my 16 credit fall semester. (Yes, I have officially lost my mind.) Obviously BoB is landing at the PERFECT time. I even have a pretty light week work wise. It's gonna rock.

I do have to work a pretty full day tomorrow, but after that it's mostly just gonna be a whole lot of me bonding with my Nook. The plan is to put up the tent at some time later in the week and spend some lazy reading time out in the yard. It's super smoky outside since our entire freaking state is apparently on fire, so I haven't quite decided which day that will be. I just took Shaina's advice and bought an air mattress on Amazon. It should be here Wednesday, so that night is a likely candidate. (Great idea by the way Shaina. I got a screaming deal and I'm stoked.)

In terms of reading I'm somewhat flying by the seat of my pants, but realized earlier today that I have a fairly large handful of ARCs in my possession that require reading. I thought I only had about four. Turns out, I have nine (with at least another three somewhere in the custody of the postal service). So...I will be making a valiant attempt to read a nice handful of them. On the agenda (in no particular order...and with no promise that there won't be a John Green novel shoved somewhere in the midst):

1. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
2. The Color of Our Sky by Amita Trasi
3. The Color of Water in July by Nora Carroll
4. Things Unsaid by Diana Y. Paul
5. Last Song Before Night by Ilana C. Myer
6. Made with Love by M.K. Shaddix
7. The King's Assassin by H.L. Wampler
8. Finding Love in a Coffee Shop by Jordan Lynde
9. Reasons to Love a Nerd Like Me by Becky Jerams

This is an amendment of my original plan, but I'm keeping the books from my earlier list on deck for substitution as needed. I'm a horrible mood reader, so I need options. Potential stand-ins:

1. P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
2. Splintered by A.G. Howard
3. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
4. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
5. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
6. Paper Towns by John Green

I'm getting a little wound up for things already. That's going to make it a bit tough to fall asleep tonight, which is seriously unfortunate since I have to be at work bright and early tomorrow.

I'm planning posts near the end (or very early beginning since I tend to post after midnight) of at least every other day. The first one will likely be late tomorrow night. I'm so excited for Bout of Books! It's one of my favorite times of the year!

1 comment:

  1. Never be ashamed of being a mood reader! ;) We all need options, man.

    And YAY! I'm so glad you found a good deal on the air mattress. They're so handy to have around (unexpected guests/more guests than you can host/setting up reading tents/etc).

    Also, I'm so happy that we managed to "see each other" at the Twitter chat! :D

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips