Holy crap this has been a day. But...I did manage to get a project finished for letter Y. Yay! How pathetic would it have been to drop out of the A to Z Challenge on the 2nd to last day?
Today's magic word is You. As in, "You are my sunshine." I mulled through a few possibilities before randomly landing on this one. It was down to the wire with this and I really had no clue where to even start. Nothing seemed like it was going to be feasible within the time frame I had available to me. I even had the girls at the office trying to help me come up with a project idea before I left at 5.
Annie sings this song to her little guy as a lullaby, so I figured it would be a great thing to put on a vinyl sign. When I got home at 5:30, I set to work.
I had a couple of boards already stained from when I made the Children's Growth Rulers. That makes this the third project in the A to Z completed with the help of MinWax Wood Finish in Provincial 221. (The other one was my "Love Lives Here" pallet art.)
I pulled up my Pazzle software and created a design for my 18 x 15" board. (Yup...you can design with text and images. It's pretty awesome.)
But...I only had 12 x 12 vinyl in the color I wanted, so I did a little copy and paste action and redesigned to fit all of my word cuts onto a 12 x 12 sheet.
He's the famed Pazzle in action. I cut out my sun in yellow vinyl and the lettering in a blue.
Letters all cut and ready for peeling.
I removed the excess vinyl and weeded out the areas like the center of the o and a using some Honey Bee Tweezers. They're one of the most handy little tools I have laying around.
Another handy item in this type of project? Transfer tape. I just tear off a piece, smack it down on the section I want to move, and then peel it up from the backing. This helps me keep my words in line and prevents a lot of swearing when I'm trying to get things centered and straight.
You'll notice I had to finagle to get sunshine all on one line. I'm magic like that.
Then I started lining up wording and adhering vinyl.
A quick layer of clearcoat and this baby is already to go. All it needs is some cure time and some hangers attached to the back, and it will be all ready to hang in the little guy's nursery. Phew.
Nothing like a last minute project!
Tomorrow is the very last day of the 2015 Blogging from A to Z in April Challenge. I'm exhausted! I still have a lot of blog visiting to do, but I have been able to keep up with a handful of awesome bloggers so far.
The good news is that tomorrow's project has been done for over two weeks! Just a little post writing to finish and it will be all ready to roll. Then I can go ahead and cruise across the finish line and call this year's A to Z a success. I'm so excited!
Miss any of my A to Z posts so far this year? Find them below...
1. A is for Anna (Easy Anna Cape)
2. B is for Bath (Appliqued Bath Mat)
3. C is for Child (Children's Growth Ruler)
4. D is for Denim (Denim Bib)
5. E is for Etch (Etched Casserole Dishes)
6. F is for Felt (Felt Hopscotch Mat)
7. G is for Good Night ("Good Night" Envelope Pillows)
8. H is for Hood (Easy Hooded Towel)
9. I is for Insulated (Insulated Beverage Cozies)
10. J is for Jumper (Embroidered Spring Jumper)
11. K is for Know (Know When to Hold 'Em/Fold 'Em Laundry Sign)
12. L is for Loveseat (Envelope Loveseat Pillows)
13. M is for Mittens (Fleece Baby Mittens)
14. N is for Ninja Turtle (Felt Ninja Turtle)
15. O is for Owl (Owl Stuffies)
16. P is for Princess (Princess Peg Dolls)
17. Q is for Quilt (Moustache Quilt)
18. R is for Reading (Appliqued Reading Pillow)
19. S is for Superheroes (Superhero Peg Dolls)
20. T is for Tumblers (Custom Etched Barware)
21. U is for Upcycled (Little Kitchen)
22. V is for Vinyl (Vinyl Pallet Art)
23. W is for Whipped (Wild Orange Whipped Body Butter)
24. X is for Xtra (Play Kitchen Accessories)
Are you visiting from A to Z?
Be sure to leave me a comment (including your blog link) so I can come over and return the favor!