Friday, November 14, 2014

24 in 48 Read-a-Thon: A Double Dose Read-a-Thon Weekend


I'm such a sucker for read-a-thons. I'm tossing my hat in the ring for another one and it's coming up this weekend. That's a little over a day away.

This one is the 24 in 48 Read-a-Thon, hosted by Rachel over on Tumblr. It's a scaled down and slightly altered version of the fabulous Dewey's 24-hour read-a-thon that I participated in a few weeks ago. The goal of the 24 in 48 is to complete 24 hours worth of reading, but it's spread out over two days. That means that there's time built in for sleep. Yay!

I have a pile of left over Halloween candy, so I'm all set on snacks and we got a pile of snow today that's expected to last through the weekend, so I'll be all cozied up with perfect reading weather.



If you remember, I'm also participating in Karsyn's Beat Your Best Read-a-Thon starting on Saturday. It runs from the 15th to the 22nd. That means that for two days, I'll be participating in two read-a-thons at once...again. I think I've now done this to myself three times this year. What can I say...I love read-a-thons.

But...I am changing things up a little this time. Other than the goal to read for 24 hours for the 24 in 48 and the goal to read 3 hours each day for the duration of the ByB...I'm flying by the seat of my pants. Yup...I'm not planning. We'll see how that goes.

I am not going to pre-plan my books or set a goal on pages or books. (Are you proud of me Karsyn?) I'm just going to go with it. That being said, it may not matter, because I may not finish a whole book. I am currently reading Gone with the Wind and it is epically long. So...it may be a Margaret Mitchell weekend. I'm totally fine with that.

I'll also be working on my NaNoWriMo through the weekend and I have some other commitments. So while the reading part should be relaxing, it's still going to be a jam packed couple of days.

On with the reading!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO proud of you!! Yay for fly-by-ers!! :) It's funny, since I DO have a bit of a plan for this week. Just because I wanna hit up some old series, otherwise, I'd be totally a fly-by-er. But I have a lot to pick from, who knows what I will go with (though I think I know).

    I might have to do the 24 hr in 48. I saw it a few days ago and I keep debating it. If it wasn't in the middle of football season, I wouldn't hesitate, but my Sundays have very little reading cuz of football. The national games are pretty crappy, so I might go ahead and jump in and just get a lot done tomorrow, see what I do on Sunday. It'll be a good start to BYB. :) Ok, you talked me into it. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did alright! The fly-by approach totally worked! I may have to do that more often.

      So glad you did the 24 in 48. I love having buddies to go check on. Helps me motivate myself as well as keeps me entertained. I'm not doing so hot at my ByB goal, but I just might beat an unexpected best, so I'll totally take it!

      Delete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips