Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Spontaneous Photo Session

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had an odd and busy week that also included a spur of the moment photo session. Well...I'm now in the clear to spill the beans as it were. 

Ready?

My super fun hygienist Annie is pregnant. (Congrats Annie!) I've known for a while due to a work situation, but we've been keeping tight lipped until she and her husband felt comfortable announcing the impending baby to the world.

She was contemplating a few methods for announcing (thanks to the wonders of Pinterest). She decided she wanted to use the teddy bears that she and her husband had as children as well as a new bear for the new baby. Such a cute idea.

Initially, she took the shots of the bears sitting on the bench. It was cute, but I told her that I thought it would be more personal if she and her husband were in the shot. That's how I managed to employ myself. Someone needed to operate the camera. 

(Now...it bears - tee hee - mentioning that Annie's sister-in-law is the kick ass photographer who shot the photos for my engagement and wedding. She totally rocks. But...Annie couldn't very well have her do the job without blowing her cover. Hopefully I did well enough in her stead.)

Darian and I headed out to the farm (they live on a cute little spot of acreage out of town) and spent a short period of time shooting pics of Annie and her hubby on an adorable bench with the bears. Then I headed home to edit.

At Annie's request, she didn't want her face in the picture - silly girl - so I posed the picture to focus on the bears. A little photoshop magic, and the announcement was ready to go.

Here's the resulting photo announcement for the upcoming Baby Phelps.


I'm pretty happy with the result and I'm glad I was able to play a part in getting this cute couple's announcement out there.

2 comments:

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips