Monday, September 22, 2014

And Then I Relaxed...

I took a week off last week. I had vacation for our anniversary and my birthday, but Collin had to do some work around here, we have Darian in school, and our budget is squeaky tight, so I just hung around the house. It was awesome. I slept in until nearly 10am every day, stayed up until 2am every night, watched TV, did some minor crafting, a little reading, and nothing major of substance. If only every week could be that way.

This week, it's back to work. It's also back to the blog. There's some good stuff on the horizon.

Here's what's coming up!



This week is Banned Books Week! I'm celebrating with Sheila over at Book Journey. I'll be posting my piece on banned books on Friday. I'll be sharing what banned books have meant to me and why I think they're so important. Well, really why I think free speech in literary form is so important. Click over to Sheila's blog all week to get linked up with other bloggers sharing in this event.



Next week, it's time for another read-a-thon! It's the FrightFall Read-a-Thon hosted at Seasons' Reading. I don't know if Darian will be joining me for this one or not; it will depend on his school load.

The only real "rule" to FrightFall is that you have to read one "scary" book. This is a loose guideline as the book can be a mystery, thriller, horror, or really anything you choose. I'm trying to decide what my pick will be. It's been quite a while since my last Stephen King or Anne Rice read, so that may be the direction I choose. We'll see. I'll be making my decision and getting my goal post (hee hee, goalpost) up on Sunday.


Also...tomorrow is officially the first day of fall. Do you know what that means for next week? Are you ready? This is the big one! It's the 1st of OCTOBER!! Yay! That means the official announcement of this year's pumpkin theme!

I'll be decking the house out in full fall/Halloween regalia next week and giving you a sneak peek of what's to come for October 31st. Are you ready to get your pumpkin on? It's going to be awesome...

New to the blog? We don't mess around when it comes to pumpkins; it's go big or ... well, go big. We carve up a full yard display each Halloween. Click over and see what we've done in past years...


2011 Pumpkin Display ... Pumpkin Massacre




2012 Pumpkin Display ... Classic Monsters





2013 Pumpkin Display ... Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs



I'm super excited and ready for October to get here. We LOVE fall and Halloween around here!

In the mean time, stay tuned for some book fun and maybe a little crafting before the big pumpkin plan reveal. I'm so glad it's FALL!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your week sounded lovely-I really need ones of those! I also love autumn and it's my favorite time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a break of some kind about once a quarter. It doesn't usually end up as lazy as this one was, but it's always nice to have a little down time to regain my sanity.

      Delete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips