Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Monster Read-a-Thon Wrap Up & BOTY Bracket Update


Another read-a-thon come and gone.We both did very well with this Monster Read-a-Thon. I'm pretty pleased with the results. We both made (and in most cases exceeded) our goals. Yay! Now we have a week off from read-a-thon madness until we take on Bout of Books 11 beginning on the 18th.

Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

Oh...and a little bonus today. After my stats, I'll be including the update to my 2014 BOTY Bracket. Darian was supposed to have his for posting as well, but he headed to his mom's place today without getting his randomization all finished, so his will have to wait until Bout of Books week.

But before we move on to the next read-a-thon, let's see how we stacked up with this one...

Elle's Final Stats 


Total Time Read: 1469 minutes

Goal: 900 minutes



Total Pages Read: 1473 pages

Goal: 1000 pages



Total Books Finished: 5

Goal: 5 books






It's looking to be a pretty 
competitive year. I already spy a few spots that will give me heartache. I also see a couple of areas where a low ranking book is going to get lucky and move on to the next round. Ah, the craziness of the BOTY bracket. 

Have you joined yet? It's a fun challenge that can be completed with as few as four books or with as many books as your little heart desires. Go check out the rules here (they're pretty easy) and then go grab yourself a blank bracket to suit your challenge here. Sign ups are open until the beginning of 2015. You have plenty of time to fill up those brackets. Come join in the fun!


Darian's Final Stats 


Total Time Read: 2596 minutes

Goal: 1500 minutes



Total Pages Read: 1813 pages

Goal: 1500 pages



Total Books Finished: 10

Goal: 6 books.


Look how awesome that kid did! My only saving grace is that this will be the last read-a-thon for a while where he'll have so much reading time available. School starts next Wednesday. That totally works in my favor in more ways than one.

And there you have it. Another one in the books (pun so incredibly intended).

Thank goodness there's no read-a-thon for us this week, as it promises to be a busy one. I'll be posting book reviews for the two ARCs I finished during the Monster Read-a-Thon. I'll also be working on a special order photo rag quilt that I'm hoping to finish a bit earlier than the deadline. I'll be posting some progress on that over on my Instagram account. If there's time, I'll be finishing up my next post in my organization series. But...that may not happen because...

...we also have rodeo this week and a family birthday this weekend. Darian will be with his mom for the majority of the week enjoying his last full week of summer before school starts next Wednesday and showing llamas at the state fair. It promises to be a busy one!

I hope you're all enjoying the end of summer!

6 comments:

  1. Wait! Darian shows llamas?!?! How did I not know this?! I showed llamas for years and then judged when I was home from college. Wish him good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I TOTALLY forgot about your llamas. Yep. He's been showing them since he was about six. His mom's best friend's mom (wow...mess) has a farm and she raises them. She lets him show them every year. I'll let him know that I'm friends with a fellow llama lover (Although I'm not sure you really loved yours all the time. I remember you had one that loved to spit at everyone.)

      Delete
  2. Yeah!! My book made it to the bracket--can't wait to see how it does. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet! You got a nice spot...right in the center. It's going to be a seriously competitive year. Lots of good contenders. You're totally in the running. (Plus, I'm pretty sure you'll have a second contender here in a month or two. I still have The Newstead Project on my radar.)

      Delete
  3. Great job! I just posted my Bout of Books 11 Goals this morning and I'm really excited about this one! It's my last reading hoorah, before the back to school craziness starts and I have to change focus, and reading/blogging get's pushed to the back burner, blech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love Bout of Books. I'm totally looking forward to school starting. We need more routine at our house. The chaos is killing me.

      Delete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips