Monday, September 1, 2014

I've Lost My Mojo

Yup. I've lost my mojo. My crafting mojo that is. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but crafting and I are not getting along. Want some examples? Here we go...

I mentioned in my last post that I was working on a craft project that I hoped to have finished by the end of the weekend. Oh...I finished it all right...right into the trash can. I hate it when that happens.

Yesterday, I sat down to scrapbook. I was totally ready to work on some of these great ideas I have for mini-albums. I walked upstairs and started to pick out a few albums, sat down to work on drawing out my ideas, and...it was gone. That quick. I suddenly had no desire to put anything on paper.

The things I have actually felt like doing all require a sewing machine...which is in the shop. So, that's been a no go.

Today, I decided to sit down (finally) and learn how to crochet. I managed to learn the first two steps and now I'm stuck. I cannot figure out the right way to hold the yarn in my left hand without feeling totally awkward or in pain. That will now wait until next week when I can beg Annie to show me the right way to do things. On the upside with this one, I did manage to get my yarn stash a little more organized by winding up some partially used skeins into proper yarn balls.

It's an odd place I find myself in. Most of the time, I can move easily from one hobby to another when I find myself stuck like this. But for right now it seems as if the fates are just not having it. For the time being, crafting and I should not cross each other's paths it seems.

Let's hope it clears up soon. I have projects that need completing! In the meantime, it's back to baking, reading, some playing on the iPad, and a return to playing Rock Band in the basement. I have to find some way to put these idle hands to work.

Have any of you ever faced a complete craft mojo meltdown? What did you do to get out of your funk?

3 comments:

  1. ~hugs~ I hope you get your mojo back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *raises hand* I hate it when that happens. You want to make something, but you just can't settle on anything. It's kind of like when you're hungry, but nothing sounds good. So then you eat just because you should, but it's not all that enjoyable. I don't have any real solutions. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...at least I'm not alone. :) I braved my way through the funk for now. I'm sure it will happen again sometime, but I'm glad it's done with for the time being.

      Delete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips