Monday, August 18, 2014

Bout of Books 11: Goals

Yay! It's here! Bout of Books 11 starts TODAY!!!


We are so ready to read! I actually meant to post this last night, but...I've been sucked into the QuizUp app and wasted a bit of time there instead. Oops. But...we are getting started today!!

For those of you not familiar with Bout of Books...

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Let's talk goals.

Darian and I are both participating again and he's pretty excited too. He'll be starting school on Wednesday, so his reading won't be quite as prolific as it was for the rest of the summer read-a-thons, but I'm pretty sure he'll still have an impressive read. He's always good about sticking his nose in a book.


Elle's Bout of Books...


Elle's Goals:

1. Read at least two hours every day.
2. Read a total of 25 hours (1500 minutes)
3. Read at least 6 books.
4. Read at least 1500 pages.
5. Participate in Wednesday & Saturday's Twitter Chats
6. Participate in at least five challenges.


Elle's Reading List:

It's time to finish up some library books before their due date! I also have some Deal Me In books and a Classics Spin book that need worked on.

I'm aiming for six completed books, but I'm planning out a couple extra just in case.  I'm varying library books and challenge reads in order to keep myself from getting bored and annoyed as happened with my The Grapes of Wrath read. That one was a killer.

Here's the list of planned reads:

Goal Reading 
          1. Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog (currently reading)
          2. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
          3. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
          4. How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr
          5. Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
          6. How to Love by Katie Cotugno

Bonus Books 
          1. The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander
          2. Anathema by Megg Jensen
          3. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

The Plan

I'm keeping track of my reading using my handy dandy Excel spreadsheet. It hasn't failed me yet!

I'll be doing posts every day. Any challenges completed on those days will be linked in the progress post. All posts related to BOB 11 will be linked on my Read-a-Thon page.


Darian's Bout of Books...


Darian's Goals:

1. Read every day.
2. Read a total of 20 hours (1200 minutes).
3. Read at least 3 books.
4. Read at least 900 pages.
5. Participate in Wednesday's Twitter Chats
6. Participate in at least two challenges.

(Darian may be going out of town for the weekend, so we have truncated his participation in the challenges and Twitter chats. He says he'll be participating in Saturday's chat and a few more challenges if he's home with us.)


Darian's Reading List:

Goal Reading : 
          1. Airman by Eoin Colfer
          2. The Obsidian Blade by Pete Hautman
          3. Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Bonus Books :
          1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
          2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
          3. Allegiant by Veronica Roth

We'll be back around midnight to post our progress for day one.

Let's do this! We're ready to READ!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, you guys have some AWESOME books lined up for this epic readathon! And good thinking with the extra books, in case of boredom ... I can't tell you how many times I've needed a Plan B in my TBR pile because of that...

    Also, one day you will HAVE to do an Excel tutorial about keeping track of your reading, because I'm absolutely useless at that damn program and think it would be a great thing to teach the kids at school too :) Good luck with all the speed readings!!

    - Caitie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whelp. Hit my first oops book already. A 950+ page book is NOT the one for a read-a-thon. Yup...this is why bonus books are handy. :)

      Good idea! Maybe I'll put an Excel tutorial together in the next month or so. It's been really handy in helping me keep track of my numbers and once it's set up, I've just been doing the old copy/paste to create new worksheets of the same thing for each subsequent read-a-thon.

      Delete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips