Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Library Books Read-a-Thon : Day 3


I've made it halfway through my work week. Yay!! It's day three of the Library Books Read-a-Thon and I got some solid reading in today. I'm pretty happy about that. I even finished another book and am now reading an actual library book rather than e-books from my Nook. It's been a while.

This week has just been feeling extremely weird. I have to really think about it before I know what day of the week it is. I don't know why my internal calendar is so goofed up, but I am seriously struggling over here. I'm hoping the weekend will give me a reset. It can't come soon enough.

I did manage to start my blog reading clean out procedure today. That, of course, was after Feedly recovered from their cyberattack and I was able to access my feeds. I was a little shocked to see what I'm dealing with. Guess how many blogs I started with? It's ridiculous.

207.

I know, nuts right? I've already earmarked 24 of them to be saved for sure. I'm also pretty sure I've identified at least 5 that will be eliminated. Total drop in the bucket, I know. But it's just the beginning of this process. I'll let you know how many survivors there are come July 10th. All survivors will then be entered into my blog roll over at the right column of the blog. Because I like to share the love.

Now...as far as reading goes...here's how my progress is going so far:


Currently Reading: 


Finding Alice by Melody Carlson



Minutes Read Today: 5 hours 9 minutes (309 minutes)

Total Time Read: 8 hours 25 minutes. (505 minutes)

Goal: 14 hours (840 minutes).



Pages Read Today: 254

Total Pages Read: 424

Goal: 850 pages.



Books Finished Today: 1

Total Books Finished: 2

Goal: 4 books.



It's looking like meeting my goals might be a real possibility. Yay! I will be losing a little bit of reading time over the next couple of days as I have some work to do on a Father's Day present for my Dad. But...I think things are definitely looking promising. That totally makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome progress so far. I can't believe the readathon is almost over with, but the good news is we get to continue to the reading fun next week with another library readathon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! I'm so glad we're rolling into another week of it. I've really come to like my reading routine. It's not too much, but I feel like I'm accomplishing something. It helps that I've had some good books.

      Delete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips